On this page:
Definition of the noun action plant
What does action plant mean as a name of something?
- prostrate or semi-erect subshrub of tropical America, and Australia; heavily armed with recurved thorns and having sensitive soft grey-green leaflets that fold and droop at night or when touched or cooled
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Mimosa pudica
- synonyms of action plant: humble plant / live-and-die / sensitive plant / shame plant / touch-me-not
- more generic word: mimosa = any of various tropical shrubs or trees of the genus Mimosa having usually yellow flowers and compound leaves
- member of: genus Mimosa = genus of spiny woody shrubs or trees
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Action Plant
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
From Acacia to Zinnia by Christopher Cumo
The Action Plant: Movement and Nervous Behavior in Plants. Oxford: Blackwell, 1991. Slack, Adrian. Carnivorous Plants. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1979. Temple, Paul. Carnivorous Plants. London: Royal Horticultural Society, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Action Plant
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Action Plant
If you need images about Action Plant for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Action Plant to find many related words and phrases!