The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun activist:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun activist
- Definition of the adjective activist
- Phrases with Activist
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Activist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Activist
- Photos about Activist
- Video language resources about Activist
- Quotes about Activist
- Scrabble value of A1C3T1I1V4I1S1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun activist
What does activist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: activists
- a militant reformer
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of activist: militant
- more generic terms: crusader / meliorist / reformer / reformist / social reformer = a disputant who advocates reform
- more specific terms:
- instance: Malcolm Little / Malcolm X = militant civil rights leader
Alternative definition of the noun activist
- one who is politically active in the role of a citizen; especially, one who campaigns for change
- synonym: mover and shaker
- one who is conspicuously more active in carrying out any occupational or professional functions.
Definition of the adjective activist
What does activist mean as an attribute of a noun?
Who is Activist?
Activist a.k.a. Foad Manshadi: Foad Manghouly known also as Foad Manshadi or simply Foad, is a recording artist, musician, rapper, blogger, and social activist residing in Los Angeles, California. Foad uses his music as a forum for bringing light to social justice issues, including poverty, sexism, homophobia, and theocracy. His music serves as a forum for his feelings and ideas and is inspired by world music. Foad has practiced vegetarianism since his youth.
- read more about Foad Manshadi
- Activist is a fictional character from the 1981 film Short Working Day.
- Activist is a fictional character from the 2011 film Shwet.
- Activist is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Bay.
- Activist is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Music Never Stopped.
- Activist is a fictional character from the 2010 film Miliband of Brothers.
- Activist is a fictional character from the 1995 film Run for Cover.
Activist is a profession.
- also known as 運動家
Phrases with Activist
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Activist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cheryl Law
activist) (US/lawyer/writer) (US/public service)...
(UK/politician (Australia/activist) (UK/trade ...
Encyclopedia of Community (2003)
From the Village to the Virtual World by DAVID LEVINSON, KAREN CHRISTENSEN
Activist communities are those that seek some sort of structural change in existing social, political, or economic systems, or in some combination of those arenas. They are often distinguished from mutual-aid or self- help organizations that tend ...
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb, Lambdin Kay Distinguished Professor for the Peabody Awards Horace Newcomb
The ability to produce activist television has increased with developments in technology. In the 1980s, relatively cheap and lightweight video cameras became available. In the 1990s, digital formats and computer-based editing substantially ...
Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural Foundations of Education: A-H ; 2, I-Z ; 3, Biographies, visual history, index (2009)
Currently, the social activist tradition in the social foundations of education most clearly manifests itself in the tradition of social justice, which calls for the conscious creation of a more just and equitable society, in terms of race, gender, and ...
by Craig E. Carroll
Activist campaigns involve a combination of tactics applied in opposition to or support of a cause. From sweatshops to shale gas, from tax evasion to genetically modified organisms, many corporate activities nowadays are heavily scrutinized.
Movements, Histories, and Motivations by David E. Lowes
ACTIVISM/ACTIVIST ers, medical bureaucrats and doctors - and of pharmaceuticals corporation executives as well. FURTHER INFORMATION Activist oriented campaigns: www.actupnv.org/indexfolder/links. html Statistics: ...
by Robert L. Heath
Activist movements tend to evolve through various stages of development. At each stage, the organization faces various communication and organizational challenges. One fertile area of research is the identification of the various stages in the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Activist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Activist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ocDeluxe
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Activist
Click on an item to play that video:
- Activist Meaning
Video shows what activist means. One who is politically active in the role of a citizen; especially, one who campaigns for change.. One who is conspicuously ...
- Vocabulary - Activist - Migliora il tuo Inglese - Improve your English
- Activist Project explanation
- Amira Yahyaoui, Tunisian Activist on Why Language Matters
Amira Yahyaoui, Tunisian peace activist and founder of Al Bawsala, an NGO that monitors the constitutional assembly and Parliment to protect the free ...
- Kavitha Kishori Activist in Lambadi Language
Kavitha Kishori Activist in Lambadi Language.
- Komati Reddy's unpaliementary language with a Telangana Activist
Minister Komatireddy abuses a Telangana Activist, just for asking his stand on Telangana. See how cheap a people's leader talked. See how he is asking the ...
- Paul Muthee Activist Profile - YOUTUBE CAPTIONS - ANY LANGUAGE
Paul Muthee Njoroge is 74 from Kenya. Here he talks about his life and why he takes part in Age Demands Action, a global campaign for older people's rights.
- Students of Dept of IR RU with Language Activist Principal Muhammad Ziad Aly
See also the pronunciation examples of Activist!
Quotes about Activist
I see myself much more so as an actor. Acting is my career and activism is my passionate hobby. But acting is my livelihood. I was an activist long before I even entertained the possibility of being an actor. (William Baldwin)
more quotes about activist...
Scrabble value of A1C3T1I1V4I1S1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Activist to see it in context!