On this page:
- Definition of the noun Actophilornis
- Phrases with Actophilornis
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Actophilornis
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Actophilornis
- Photos about Actophilornis
- Video language resources about Actophilornis
- Scrabble value of A1C3T1O1P3H4I1L1O1R1N1I1S1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Actophilornis
What does Actophilornis mean as a name of something?
Actophilornis is a genus of Jacanidae, described by Oberholser in 1925.
- synonyms: genus Actophilornis / Actophilus / genus Actophilus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Charadriiformes
- family: Jacanidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Actophilornis is a genus of Jacanidae.
Phrases with Actophilornis
Phrases starting with the word Actophilornis:
Phrase ending with the word Actophilornis:
Other phrases containing the word Actophilornis:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Actophilornis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James A. Jobling
Actophilornis From syn. genus Actophilus Oberholser, ...
by Dennis G. Fowler
Lily Trotter, Actophilornis africana; it is brown, the size of the lourie. and lives near the flats. It is a poor flier and easy to catch (p). Uli sivwivwi uwe, ndiwe lyabomba, ubomba bulyo (p) You're a 'lily-trotter', you are; a softy-bird, just a softy [also ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Actophilornis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Actophilornis
Click on an item to view that photo:
African Jacana Chick (Actophilornis africana)
Lake Panic Hide near Skukuza, Kruger NP, SOUTH AFRICA
Photo credit: berniedup
View more pictures about Actophilornis africanus.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Actophilornis
Click on an item to play that video:
- African Jacana, Actophilornis africana, walking across lilypads
This African Jacana is walking across lilypads and foraging for food at Bonamanzi game park in South Africa.
- African Jacana (Actophilornis africana) walking on water plants
The African Jacana's food is insects and other invertebrates picked from the floating vegetation or the water's surface.
View more videos about Actophilornis africanus.
Scrabble value of A1C3T1O1P3H4I1L1O1R1N1I1S1
The value of this 13-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Actophilornis to find many related words and phrases!