The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun actualization:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun actualization
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Actualization
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Actualization
- Photo about Actualization
- Video language resources about Actualization
- Quotes about Actualization
- Scrabble value of A1C3T1U1A1L1I1Z10A1T1I1O1N1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun actualization
What does actualization mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: actualizations
- making real or giving the appearance of reality
- example: We are concerned about the further actualization of current problems among youth, such as truancy, dislike of school and lack of appropriate character development.
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- alternative spelling: actualisation
- synonyms of actualization: realisation / realization
- more generic term: creating by mental acts = the act of creating something by thinking
- more specific word: objectification = the act of representing an abstraction as a physical thing
Alternative definition of the noun actualization
- [nonstandard] A making actual or really existent; noun form of actualize.
"Actualization" is a musical album of Louis Haiman.
- released in (9 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Actualization
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Angela Bartram, Nader El-Bizri, Visiting Research Associate in Philosophy Nader El-Bizri
Actualization is the emergence of something born from a process left to run31 and the circumstantial becoming of...
by Steven Tötösy de Zepetnek, Irene Sywenky, University of Alberta. Research Institute for Comparative Literature and Cross-Cultural Studies
Actualization is the passage from a state of timelessness and deterritorialization to an existence rooted in a here and now. It is an event of contextualization. 4) The virtual is an inexhaustible resource. Using it does not lead to its depletion.
Virtue in Being (2016)
Towards an Ethics of the Unconditioned by Andrew Benjamin
the presence of this disposition and the ensuing recognition that this disposition's actualization is that through which,
by Robert A. Neimeyer
For Rogers, self-actualization is an important aspect of the “actualizing tendency.” Actualization is an inherent tendency to maintain and enhance the organism. Roger's theory of personality presents the self and the corresponding urge for ...
Spectral Nationality (2012)
Passages of Freedom from Kant to Postcolonial Literatures of Liberation by Pheng Cheah
Actualization is the teleological self-development and explication of the concept (Begriff), the inner principle...
Philosophy's Other Possibility by Andrew Benjamin
Actualization is the construction of the private self within the individualizing act of judgment (remembering that what is in play here is a “judgment of the sense.”) What Kant means by the “agreeable,” therefore, creates a self that is restricted to ...
A Dictionary of Stylistics (2014)
by Katie Wales
And a TEXT is an actualization of the potential CHOICES from the linguistic system. (2) By analogy, the term came to be used in the work of Michael Riffaterre ...
by J.E. Roeckelein
If the discrepancy between the organism's goals and the realities of the environment becomes too great, the person either breaks down or makes compromises whereby some lower level of functioning is accepted for self- actualization. Many of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Actualization
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Actualization
Fat Cat in Bliss
Photo credit: Simone Ha
Video language resources about Actualization
Click on an item to play that video:
- Actualization Meaning
Video shows what actualization means. A making actual or really existent; noun form of actualize.. actualization pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Actualization of the Inner Christ ~ (With Light language frequency codes)
Actualization of the Inner Christ ~ the Return of the Second Sun (with Light language frequency codes) Mp3 download...
- Self Actualization (In Sinhala Language)
Discussion made by A S Balasooriya.
See also the pronunciation examples of Actualization!
Quotes about Actualization
Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization. (Bo Bennett)
more quotes about actualization...
Scrabble value of A1C3T1U1A1L1I1Z10A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 13-letter word is 24 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Actualization to see it in context!