On this page:
- Acworth is a city in Cobb County, Georgia, United States. It is part of Atlanta's metropolitan area. As of the 2010 census, this city had a population of 20,425, up from 13,422 at the 2000 census. Acworth is located in the foothills of the North Georgia mountains along the southeastern banks of Lake Acworth and Lake Allatoona on the Etowah River. Unincorporated areas known as Acworth extend into Bartow, Cherokee, and Paulding counties respectively.
- Acworth is a town in Sullivan County, New Hampshire, United States. At the 2010 census, the town had a total population of 891.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acworth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Diary and Letters of John Cheney by Gordon Armstrong
Acworth is a small town on the railroad and is about like most Southern towns, far inferior to Northern. Enemy reported to be but 3 miles from us in force and entrenched. The enemy's cavalry in sight when we come into town. Oh how we wish ...
Blessed Be Our Table (2003)
by Neil Paynter
CONTRIBUTORS Dick Acworth is a father to four, a grandfather. 328 329 Notes.
Memoir of ... W. Steadman, ... Pastor of the First Baptist Church, Bradford, etc. [With extracts from his correspondence.] (1838)
Acworth is a minister of growing respectability, and the ...
Acworth is an expert on railway matters. The Commissioners have, on the whole, been very carefully selected, and save for the ...
by Leslie Stephen, Sir Sidney Lee
Sm JOHN ACWORTH (1773-1866). admiral ...
by William Berry
Acworth, [Suffolk,] ar. a griffin, per fesse, purp. and az. membered or. Acworth, ar. a griffin, segreant, per fesse, gu. and az. Adam, [Shetwin, Wales,] az. a crescent, betw. three mullets or. Adam, [Walden, Essex,] after Arms, add — Crest, a talbot, ...
by Sir Sidney Lee
by Henry Watts, Matthew Moncrieff Pattison Muir, Henry Forster Morley
In, Fe, Pb, Mg, Ni, Ag, Tl, Sn, Zn (Acworth, C. J. 28, 828; Acworth a. Armstrong, C. J. 32, 54). It appears to be the case that the greater the heat of formation of a metallic oxide the more completely is HNO,Aq reduced by the metal (c/. Thomsen ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acworth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acworth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ichelseas
- Acworth GA Tree Service Expert
Acworth GA Tree Service Expert
Photo credit: TreeExperts
- Acworth Marietta Kennesaw Tree Removal
Acworth Marietta Kennesaw Tree Removal
Photo credit: TreeExperts
- Lieutenant John Arden Acworth
1/7 Battalion, Worcestershire Regiment
Lt Acworth was gazetted to 7 Worcestershire Regiment on 26 April 1917 and left for France on 27 June.
Aged 19, he was wounded at Passchendaele on 9 October 1917 and died in hospital on 13 October. He is buried at Dozinghem Military Cemetery.
Faces of the First World War
The full story is not always known to us. If you know more, please tell us in the comments below.
Find out more about this First World War Centenary project at...
Scrabble value of A1C3W4O1R1T1H4
The value of this 7-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACWORTH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Acworth!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acworth to see it in context!