On this page:
- Definition of the adjective ad lib
- Definition of the adverb ad lib
- Definition of the verb ad lib
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ad Lib
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ad Lib
- Photos about Ad Lib
- Video language resources about Ad Lib
- Quotes about Ad Lib
- Anagrams of AD LIB
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective ad lib
What does ad lib mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Extemporaneous, impromptu.
Definition of the adverb ad lib
What does ad lib mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- without advance preparation
Alternative definition of the adverb ad lib
- at pleasure
- at will
- to whatever extent
- See extemporaneously.
Definition of the verb ad lib
What does ad lib mean as a doing phrase?
- To perform without script.
- To perform without preparation.
- To perform extemporaneously.
- "Ad Lib" is a musical album of Gerardo Frisina.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Ad Lib" is a musical album of Tobruk.
- released in (17 years ago)
"Ad lib" is a book by William Carigan.
- also known as "Ad lib: flying the B-24 Liberator in World War II"
- Ad Lib is a decorative typeface that was designed in 1961 by Freeman Craw for American Type Founders. It was extremely popular from the early- to mid-1960s, and is often used today to evoke that era. The typeface's appearance resembles Helvetica Bold, but with a wacky disposition.
- Ad Lib a.k.a. Ad-Lib: "Ad Lib" was a TV program hosted by composer and pianist Phil Moore and produced by Cinema Arts Productions Inc. that aired in 1981. Ad Lib featured noted jazz artists performing for the video camera while recording their musical albums at various recording studios. The series was repeated in 1982 and in 1984.
- read more about Ad-Lib
- Ad Lib is a comedy show consisting of ad lib conversations, usually between famous writers and comedians, each with a mutual interest.
- Ad lib are terms derived from the Latin ad libitum, meaning "at one's pleasure". Ad lib is the adjective or adverb; ad-lib is the verb or noun form.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ad Lib
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge : Illustrated with Upwards of 150 Elegant Engravings. I - N. 4 by William Nicholson
ad lib. 1. ' Centaunm benedicta. Infus. Marrubium Vulgate. Infus. Myrrha. Pulv. Pil. gr. 10-20. Pulv.
The Cyclopædia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Literature. By Abraham Rees, ... with the Assistance of Eminent Professional Gentlemen. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings, by the Most Disinguished Artists. In Thirthy-nine Volumes. Vol. 1 [- 39] (1819)
#, ad lib.
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
present; 8 existing; 9 surviving extemporaneous: 5 ad lib, ad-lib, brief, brisk, quick; 7 offhand, summary; 9 ad lib- item [Lat], extempore, impromptu, impulsive, offhanded, unplanned; 10 improvised, off-the-cuff, unscripted extemporary: 5 ad- lib; ...
by B. A. Phythian
ad lib ( abbreviation of ad libitum) [Lat.] As much as one pleases. Unprepared remark. Speak without preparation. (In theatre) improvise lines. (In music) as one wishes. Freely.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ad Lib
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ad Lib
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Ad Lib
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Ad Lib!
Quotes about Ad Lib
Anagrams of AD LIB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ad Lib!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ad Lib to see it in context!