On this page:
- "Adalat" is a 1976 Bollywood action drama film directed by Narendra Bedi. The film stars Amitabh Bachchan in a double role, and he received a Filmfare nomination as Best Actor, the only one for the film. Waheeda Rehman and Neetu Singh play his love interests. Pinchoo Kapoor, Sujit Kumar and Kader Khan are part of the supporting cast. The music is by Kalyanji Anandji. The film was huge hit at the box office.
- also known as Aadalat, The Court, The Court of Law
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producer: A.K. Nadiadwala
- written by Narendra Bedi
- based on a story by Narendra Bedi
- Waheeda Rehman as Radha
- Neetu Singh as Geeta Verma
- Amitabh Bachchan as Thakur Dharam Chand
- Vishwa Mehra as Jailer
- Harbans Darshan M. Arora as Doctor
- Birbal as Chachi's son
- Anwar Hussain as Ajit Singh
- Pinchoo Kapoor as Mr. Verma
- Hina Kausar as Laxmi
- Kader Khan as Police Inspector Khan
- Viju Khote as Bodyguard
- Sujit Kumar as Sujit Singh
- Manorama as Aunty
- M. Rajan as Rajan
- Keshav Rana as Prosecuting Lawyer
- Maruti Rao as Uncle
- Amitabh Bachchan as Raju
- music by Kalyanji & Anandji, Anandji Virji Shah, Kalyanji Virji Shah
- genres: Action Film, Family, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema
- released in (39 years ago)
- award: - Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Thakur Dharam Chand / Raju) nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- "Adalat" is a 1958 Bollywood film directed by Kalidas, starring Pradeep Kumar, Nargis, and Pran in lead roles. Composed by Madan Mohan, the songs of film are sung by Asha Bhosle, Geeta Dutt, Lata Mangeshkar, and Mohammed Rafi.The film is especially known for its meaningful, touching ghazal-type songs and melodious music. 'Jana tha hum se door', 'Yoon hasaraton ke daag' and 'Unko ye shikayat hai ki hum' are generally famous. Similarly the actors Nargis and Pran performed well.
- also known as The Court of Law
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- Pradeep Kumar as Barrister Rajindra R. 'Rajen' Singh
- Nargis as Nirmala
- Rashid Khan
- Murad as Thakur Ranbir Singh
- Pran as Pandit Kedarnath
- Yakub as Mirza Saheb
- Achala Sachdev as Dr. Renuka Roy
- Jawahar Kaul as Barrsiter Rattanlal Roy
- Pran as Sharif Ahmed
- Pratima Devi as Nirmala's mom
- Edwina as Dancer #1
- Meenu Mumtaz as Dancer #2
- music by Madan Mohan
- genres: Romance Film, Musical, Bollywood, World cinema, Drama, Musical Drama
- released in (57 years ago)
Adalat is a fictional character from the 1982 film Ayaash.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adalat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sudeshna Sengupta
Lok Adalat Lok Adalat means the 'People's Court';. It was set up by the Legal Services Authorities Act,
The Code of Civil Procedure (1953)
by Sukumar Ray
The Lok Adalat is an old form of adjudicating system prevailed in ancient India and its validity has not been taken away even in the modern days too. It is one of the components of ADR system. Etymologically, it means people's court. In legal ...
A Case Study on Land Acquisition and Labour Related Laws by Amir Ullah Khan, Pushpa Sharma, Aparna Rajagopal
The Lok Adalat is a dispute resolution mechanism where methods of conciliation and mediation are employed to settle cases before they go to court. The main attempt of this institution is to reduce the burden of the courts by preventing petty, ...
Active Social Capital (2012)
Tracing the Roots of Development and Democracy by Anirudh Krishna
While the country's civil courts take years and decades to settle disputes, the Jana Adalat is a simpler alternative, [even] though it has no legal sanction.” The effectiveness of the different Village Councils differs in terms of range of activities, ...
Lok Adalat is a mechanism for (a) avoiding litigation (b) dispensing speedy justice (c) reducing speedy justice (d) correcting the administration 675. A vacancy in the office of the President may be caused (Mention the INCORRECT one): (a) on ...
by Cram101 Textbook Reviews
Lok Adalat: Lok Adalat is a system of alternativedispute resolution developed in India.It roughly means 'People's court'. India has had a long history of resolving disputes through the mediation of village elders. Family law: Family law is an area ...
Consider the following statements about Lok Adalat: 1) Lok Adalat is a forum where the disputes/cases pending in the court of Law or at Pre-litigation stage are settled / compromised amicably. 2) An award made by a Lok Adalat is deemed to ...
Lok adalat is a statutory forum for conciliatory settlement of legal disputes. It has been given the status of a civil court. Its awards are enforceable, binding on the parties and final as no appeal lies before any court against them. Khadi and ...
Unleashing Hidden Growth Potential by Dr. P. Sekhar
Lok Adalat is a forum where the disputes/cases pending in the court of law or at pre-litigation stage are settled/ compromised amicably. The Lok Adalat has been given statutory status under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987. Under this ...
Indian Polity For Upsc 3E (2010)
has established a nation-wide network to provide free and competent legal aid to the poor and to organise lok adalats for promoting equal justice. Lok adalat is a statutory forum for conciliatory ...
by Olivier Roy, Antoine Sfeir
ADALAT (UZBEKISTAN) The Adalat ...
An Anglo-Indian Dictionary (1885)
A Glossary of Indian Terms Used in English, and of Such English Or Other Non-Indian Terms as Have Obtained Special Meanings in India by George Clifford Whitworth
Adalat. [Arabic, from adl, justice.] ...
by Jivanta Schottli, Subrata K. Mitra, Siegried Wolf
Adalat. Terms used to refer to a kind of people's court in Bangladesh, initiated by the political activist Jahanara Imam in Dhaka in 1992. Its overall objective was to try collaborators and war criminals of the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971.
by D. L. Bradley
by Tadeusz Swietochowski, Brian C. Collins
ADALAT (JUSTICE). A Social Democratic organization of Iranian immigrants in Baku, formed in 1916. Among its founding members were Asadullah Gafarzade, Bahram Aghazade, Agha Baba Yusifzade, and the youthful Javadzade Khalkali, ...
by Sanjay Paswan, Pramanshi Jaideva
In the civil matter the lowest court was Court of Munsif and the highest court at the provincial level was Sadar Diwani Adalat. So far as criminal matter was concerned Court of District Munsif or Assistant Sessions Judge was the lowest court and ...
by Glenn S. Rothfeld, Deborah S. Romaine
Cardizem CD, Cardizem CR, Cartia XT, Dilacor XR felodipine Plendil isradipine DynaCirc, DynaCirc CR nicardipine Cardene, Cardene SR nifedipine Procardia, Procardia XL, Adalat, Adalat CC, Adalat PA nislodipine Sular verapamil Calan, ...
by M. Gabriel Khan
The calcium antagonist nifedipine (Adalat) has been widely used since 1982. Other calcium antagonists include amlodipine, diltiazem (Cardizem), and verapamil (Isoptin). Verapamil slows the pulse rate and should not be combined with a ...
American and Global Perspectives by David S. Clark
In the 1980s, India formally adopted a system of alternative dispute resolution with an institution known as the lok adalat (people's court) serving as the main dispute resolution forum. Reformers believed a more accountable system than the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adalat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Adalat
Click on an item to play that video:
- Meaning And Details About Lok Adalat Can the verdict of it could be Challenged (17-03-2015)
Advocate N.Raja Senthoor Pandian Explains about the purpose of LOK ADALAT and the verdict of lok adalat can be re-appealed in court of law.
- Kapil Sharma on His English Language: Aap Ki Adalat (Promo) - India TV
Scrabble value of A1D2A1L1A1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADALAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Adalat!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adalat to see it in context!