On this page:
- "Adam's Rib": Adam's Rib is a 1949 American film written by Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin and directed by George Cukor. It stars Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn as married lawyers who come to oppose each other in court. Judy Holliday co-stars as third lead in her second credited movie role. The music was composed by Miklós Rózsa, except for the song "Farewell, Amanda", which was written by Cole Porter.
- also known as Man and Wife
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Lawrence Weingarten
- art direction by Cedric Gibbons & William Ferrari
- written by Garson Kanin & Ruth Gordon
- Spencer Tracy as Adam Bonner
- Katharine Hepburn as Amanda Bonner
- Clarence Kolb as Judge Reiser
- Tom Ewell as Warren Attinger
- Judy Holliday as Doris Attinger
- Jean Hagen as Beryl Caighn
- Eve March as Grace
- Will Wright as Judge Marcasson
- David Wayne as Kip Lurie
- Hope Emerson as Olympia La Pere
- Emerson Treacy as Jules Frikke
- Polly Moran as Mrs. McGrath
- Elizabeth Flournoy as Dr. Margaret Brodeigh
- Bonnie Bannon as Woman in Courtroom
- Charles Bastin as Young District Attorney
- cinematography by George J. Folsey
- edited by George Boemler
- music by Miklós Rózsa, Cole Porter
- set decoration by Edwin B. Willis
- genres: Romantic comedy, Romance Film, Comedy
- tagline: It's The Hilarious Answer To Who Wears The Pants!
- released on (66 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "Adam's Rib" a.k.a. "Adaminte Vaariyellu": Aadaminte Vaariyellu is a 1983 Malayalam film directed by K.G. George and starring Srividya, Suhasini, and Soorya. The film handles issues of women.
- read more about Adaminte Vaariyellu
- "Adam's Rib": Adam's Rib is a 1991 film written by Vyacheslav Krishtofovich, Vladimir Kunin and Anatoli Kurchatkin and directed by Vyacheslav Krishtofovich.
- also known as Rebro Adama
- country: Soviet Union
- director: Vyacheslav Kristofovich
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Adam's Rib": Adam's Rib is a 1923 American silent drama film directed by Cecil B. DeMille.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adam's Rib
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adam's Rib
Click on an item to view that photo:
Anagrams of ADAM'S RIB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adam's Rib!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Adam's Rib to learn how to say it correctly!