On this page:
- Adam Ferguson FRSE also known as Ferguson of Raith was a Scottish philosopher and historian of the Scottish Enlightenment. Ferguson was sympathetic to traditional societies, such as the Highlands, for producing courage and loyalty. He criticized commercial society as making men weak, dishonourable and unconcerned for their community. Ferguson has been called "the father of modern sociology." His most well known work is his Essay on the History of Civil Society.
- Adam Ferguson is an award-winning visual artist.
- born in (38 years ago) in New South Wales
- nationality: Australia
- education: Griffith University
- profession: Photographer
- nominated to World Press Photo Award for Spot News - "2009 World Press Photo Award for Spot News winning photo" (Single)
- World Press Photo Award for Spot News - "2009 World Press Photo Award for Spot News winning photo" (Single)
- Adam Ferguson: Sir Adam Ferguson was keeper of the regalia in Scotland.
- born in (245 years ago)
- education: University of Edinburgh
- died in (161 years ago)
- Adam Ferguson is a copywriter.
- profession: Copywriter
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adam Ferguson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric H. Kessler
Although they were friends, 18thcentury philosopher Adam Smith and historian Adam Ferguson looked at two very different aspects of the division of labor. In An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (discussed earlier), ...
by William ALLEN (D.D., President of Bowdoin College.)
Adam Ferguson, secrotary of the commissioners, who assured him ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adam Ferguson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Adam Ferguson
Adam Ferguson Theo Parkin
Photo credit: WorldSkills UK
Quotes about Adam Ferguson
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adam Ferguson to see it in context!