On this page:
Who is Adam Makowicz?
Adam Makowicz born Adam Matyszkowicz is a Polish-Canadian pianist and composer living in Toronto. He performs jazz and classical piano pieces, as well as his own compositions. Besides playing solo, he has worked with such musicians as Michał Urbaniak, Tomasz Stanko and Leszek Możdżer, as well as with the National Symphony Orchestra of Washington DC, at the Kennedy Centre, at the Carnegie Hall, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, London, the Moscow Symphony Orchestra, and other major orchestras at concert halls in Americas and in Europe. His technical skills as jazz pianist have been compared to that of Art Tatum, Oscar Peterson, and Erroll Garner among others. His specialty in classical piano since his studies in the 1950s has been the music of Chopin.
- also known as Adam Makawicz; Makowicz, Adam
- born on (75 years ago) in Hnojník
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Jazz pianist, composer
- member of musical group The Adam Makowicz Trio
- genres: Jazz, Piano
- albums: "Maybeck Recital Hall Series, Volume Twenty-Four", "The Name Is Makowicz", "Unit", "Makowicz & Orkiestra Filharmonii Częstochowskiej", "Reflections on Chopin", "At the Carnegie Hall", "Live Embers", "Plays Gershwin", "Naughty Baby", "A Tribute to Art Tatum", "Swiss Encounter: Live at the Montreaux Jazz Festival"
- official website: www.makowiczmusic.com
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adam Makowicz
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by the late Leonard Feather, the late Ira Gitler Professor of Jazz History Manhattan School of Music
Adam Makowicz, “Newborn Light.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adam Makowicz
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: