On this page:
- Adam Small is an American composer, producer and bassist. He attended Manhattan School of Music in New York City where he majored in jazz performance. Small has composed music for various television and film projects, backed many artists as a bassist and is the creator of My Music Masterclass, Inc.
- Adam Small is a South African writer who was involved in the Black Consciousness Movement and other activism. He is noted as a Coloured writer who wrote works in Afrikaans that dealt with racial discrimination and satirized the political situation. Some collections include English poems, and he translated the Afrikaans poet N P van Wyk Louw into English. He was awarded the Hertzog Prize in 2012 for his contribution to the drama genre. Although the award was well received for being long overdue, some controversy arose because the Academy in making the award broke one of their own rules stating that the prize can only be awarded to a writer who has published new and substantial work in a specific genre during the previous three years. Small's last play was published in 1983. One of his famous poems is called " Doemanie ". After decades spent out of the public eye, Small, on 14 September 2013, received a hero's welcome at the Breytenbach Centre in Wellington, where he was guest of honour at the centre's Poet Festival.
- born on (79 years ago) in Wellington
- education: University of Cape Town
- written works: "Kanna--he is coming home", "Joanie Galant-hulle", "Krismis Van Map Jacobs", "Oos wes tuis bes distrik ses", "Kanna Hy Ko Hystoe", "Black, bronze, beautiful", "A brown Afrikaner speaks", "Academic freedom, White power and Black people", "The coloured people: a 1970 appraisal; one view", "District six"
- Adam Small is a screenwriter, television producer, television director and actor.
- profession: Screenwriter, television producer, television director, actor
- read more about Adam Small (actor)
- Adam Small is an athlete, olympic athlete.
- born on (26 years ago) in Scottsdale
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adam Small
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Learning to Talk More Gooder Fastly by Jeff Foxworthy
JEFF FOXWORTHY with FAX BAHR, ADAM SMALL, GARRY CAMPBELL, AND BRIAN HARTT lllwmnm by ...
by Eugene Benson, L.W. Conolly
Adam Small(Kanna ...
by Simon Gikandi
Philander, Adam Small (in the Cape variant), George Weideman, and T.T.Cloete have diverse poetic voices.
by E. J. Verwey
Adam Small, Rialette Wiehahn, Edith Raidt and Breyten Breytenbach.
by J Donald Monan Sj Professor of Higher Education and Director Philip G Altbach, Philip G. Altbach, Edith S. Hoshino
These publications have done much to encourage the emergence of writers of all races, in English and Afrikaans—among them the poets Roy Macnab, Douglas Livingstone, Adam Small, Sidney Clouts, Ingrid Jonker, Don Maclennan, Patrick ...
Heroin, Handguns, and Ham Sandwiches by Jeremy Simmonds
is well documented on Adam Small and Peter Stuart's Another State of Mind 'road movie'. The bassist didn't ...
by Vincent Terrace
Various Roles: Fax Bahr, Adam Small, Diane Michelle, Nick ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adam Small
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Adam Small for some fun with words!