On this page:
- Adam Walsh: Adam John Walsh was an American boy who was abducted from a Sears department store at the Hollywood Mall in Hollywood, Florida, on July 27, 1981, and later found murdered and decapitated. His death earned national publicity. His story was made into the 1983 television film Adam, seen by 38 million people in its original airing. His father, John Walsh, became an advocate for victims of violent crimes and the host of the television program America's Most Wanted.
- Adam Walsh was an American football player and coach. He played college football as a center at the University of Notre Dame where he was an All-American and captain of the 1924 team under Knute Rockne. Walsh then served as the head football coach at Santa Clara University from 1925 to 1928 and at Bowdoin College from 1935 to 1942 and again from 1947 to 1958, compiling a career college football record of 80–85–11. He also coached the Cleveland/Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League in 1945 and 1946, tallying a mark of 15–5–1. Walsh was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1968.
- Adam Walsh is a screenwriter, film editor and film director.
- profession: Screenwriter, film editor, film director, film producer
- Adam Walsh is the brother of Kimberley Walsh.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adam Walsh
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Shannon M. Barton-Bellessa
Perception, Policy, and Practice Names such as Willie Horton, Adam Walsh, Elizabeth Smart, and Megan Kanka both invoke and evoke visceral reactions from many in society— and well they should, albeit for different reasons. Each touches ...
by Bruce A. Arrigo
However, the Adam Walsh Child Protection ...
by John Grasso
Jack Cannon, George Connor, Ziggy Czarobski, Bill Fischer, Jerry Groom, Frank Hoffman, Jim Martin, Bert Metzger, Edgar Miller, Fred Miller, Alan Page, John Smith, Adam Walsh, Tommy Yarr, and Chris Zorich; and linebacker Jim Lynch.
by Vincent N. Parrillo
Adam Walsh Protection and Safety Act) at the national level and the Jessica Lunsford Act in Florida in 2005. “Dru's Law” established a national sex offender database that links state information. The Jessica Lunsford Act mandates minimum ...
4th Edition by Michael R. Steele
The new center, Adam Walsh,
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adam Walsh
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Adam Walsh
Adam Walsh Act signing
Photo credit: IowaPolitics.com
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adam Walsh to see it in context!