On this page:
Definition of the noun adam-and-eve
What does adam-and-eve mean as a name of something?
- North American orchid bearing a single leaf and yellowish-brown flowers
- example: Some creationists believe that Adam and Eve had no navels, and that the trees in the Garden of Eden had no growth rings.
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Aplectrum hyemale
- synonym of adam-and-eve: puttyroot
- more generic terms: orchid / orchidaceous plant = any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors
- member of: Aplectrum / genus Aplectrum = a monocotyledonous genus of the family Orchidaceae
Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam & Eve: Adam & Eve is a conglomerate company that sells sex toys and produces pornographic films, as well as funding non-profit social marketing organizations that address issues such as population growth, disease control and sex education in developing countries. In 2006 it was described by Reuters as one of the handful of studios that dominate the U.S. porn industry. The company is the largest mail-order distributor of condoms, sex toys and pornographic films in the United States. Founder Phil Harvey has been called "one of the most influential figures in the American sex industry today". Its parent company, PHE Inc., is the largest private employer in Hillsborough, North Carolina, where its headquarters are situated.
- also known as Adam & Eve Productions
- award: - Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Documentary - "Adam & Eve's 40th Anniversary Promo"
- official website: www.adameve.com
Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam & Eve is a musical group.
- albums: "Einfach Das Beste", "Star Portrait", "Paradise of Sounds", "Bwana", "Tango Amor", "Die großen Erfolge", "Frei ohne frei zu sein", "Auch ein Herz kann weinen", "Alle Wege dieser Welt", "Mosaik", "Ihre großen Erfolge", "Unsere schönsten Lieder"
"Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a 1925 novel by Liviu Rebreanu.
- released in (90 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "National Lampoon's Adam & Eve": National Lampoon's Adam & Eve, also known simply as Adam & Eve, is a 2005 comedy motion picture, released as part of the ongoing series of National Lampoon films. The film is directed by Jeff Kanew and stars Cameron Douglas, Emmanuelle Chriqui, George Dzundza and others.
- also known as Adam and Eve
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- edited by Jeff Kanew
- genres: Romantic comedy, Romance Film, Comedy
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a 1953 Danish family comedy written and directed by Erik Balling. The film was awarded the 1954 Bodil Award for Best Danish Film and Per Buckhøj won the Bodil Award for Best Actor for his role as the zealous schoolteacher.
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve": Adão e Eva is a 1995 Portuguese film directed by Joaquim Leitão.
- also known as Adão e Eva, Adan y Eva
- countries: Spain, Portugal
- language: Portuguese Language
- producer: Tino Navarro
- production design by Gonzalo Thovar
- written by Joaquim Leitão
- Maria de Medeiros as Catarina Meneses
- Joaquim de Almeida as Francisco
- Ana Bustorff as Te
- Karra Elejalde as Rafael
- Cristina Carvalhal as Helena Amado
- Marcantonio Del Carlo as Ricardo
- Filipe Crawford as Guilherme
- Rogério Samora as Game Show Host
- Júlio César as Queirós
- Cândido Ferreira as Journalist
- Ricardo Pais as Producer
- Cristina Collado as Ana
- Francisco Pestana as Morais
- Jorge Pinto as Deputy
- José María Sacristán as Receptionist
- cinematography by Juan Molina
- edited by Pedro Ribeiro
- music by Pedro Abrunhosa
- costume design by Filipe Faísca
- genre: Drama
- released on (19 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a 1949 Italian comedy film directed by Mario Mattoli and starring Erminio Macario.
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a 1956 drama film written and directed by Alberto Gout.
- country: Mexico
- producer: Alberto Gout
- art direction by Manuel Fontanals
- written by Alberto Gout
- cinematography by Alex Phillips
- edited by Jorge Bustos
- music by Gustavo César Carrión
- genre: Drama
- released on (58 years ago)
- Ariel Award for Best Actor nomination for Carlos Martinez Baena
- Ariel Award for Best Adapted Screenplay nomination for Alberto Gout
- Ariel Award for Best Original Score nomination for Gustavo César Carrión
- Ariel Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, received by Alberto Gout
- Ariel Award for Best Original Score, received by Gustavo César Carrión
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a 1967 short animation film directed by Dusan Marek.
- country: Australia
- producer: Dusan Marek
- genre: Animation
- released in (48 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve": "Adam" and "Eve" are oil-on-panel paintings by German artist Albrecht Dürer.
- also known as 亚当和夏娃
- completed in (508 years ago)
- media: oil paint, panel
- subjects: Adam, Eve
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a double painting by German Renaissance master Lucas Cranach the Elder, dating from 1528, now housed in The Art Institute of Chicago, USA.
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is an oil on panel painting by a Polish Art Deco painter Tamara de Lempicka. It was completed in 1932 and is a religious subject based on the Art Deco style. The painting is 116 by 73 centimeters, and is housed in a private collection.
- completed in (83 years ago)
- media: oil paint
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam & Eve": Adam & Eve is the eighth studio album by the progressive rock band The Flower Kings. A Japanese edition contained an extra disc which includes the bonus tracks from The Rainmaker bonus disc, as well as three songs recorded during the Space Revolver sessions.
- also known as Adam & Eve (disc 2)
- genre: Progressive rock
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is the fourth full-length album by the English alternative rock band Catherine Wheel. Released in 1997, the album peaked at number 11 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers and number 178 on the Billboard 200. The album featured more adventurous instrumentation than any prior Catherine Wheel LP, and still somewhat featured the heavy sound of their previous studio album, Happy Days.
- genre: Alternative rock
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam & Eve": Adam & Eve is a musical album by Neoton Familia.
- released in (31 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a musical album of Carmen Maki.
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Adam-and-eve" a.k.a. "Adam and Eve" is a musical album of Loss of a Child.
- released on (8 years ago)
Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam And Eve is a drinking establishment.
- Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam and Eve, according to the creation myths of the Abrahamic religions, were the first man and woman. The story of Adam and Eve is central to the belief that God created human beings to live in a Paradise on earth, although they fell away from that state and formed the present world full of suffering and injustice. It provides the basis for the belief that humanity is in essence a single family, with everyone descended from a single pair of original ancestors. It also provides much of the scriptural basis for the doctrines of the Fall of man and Original Sin, important beliefs in Christianity, although not generally shared by Judaism or Islam.
- also known as Adem ile Havva, Adem ile Hava, 亞當與夏娃
- Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam and Eve: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that Adam and Eve were the first man and the first woman to live on the earth and that their fall was an essential step in the plan of salvation. Adam in particular is a central figure in Mormon cosmology. Robert L.
- Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam & Eve: Adam & Eve is a salon.
- official website: www.adamandevesalon.com
- Adam-and-eve a.k.a. Adam and Eve: See also Adam and Eve... Adam & Eve was the name of a major international exhibition of contemporary art held at the Saitama Kenritsu Kindai Bijutsukan, Saitama, Japan October 10 1992 - December 6 1992 This exhibition consists of four parts: MYTH, LOVE, DESIRE and DISTANCE; which show the process of expressions of "Adam and Eve" in Western Culture and Japan about one hundred years from the latter half of nineteenth century to the present.
- also known as Adam & Eve
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adam-and-Eve
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Adam-and-Eve
Photo credit: kim.stovring
Quotes about Adam-and-Eve
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adam-and-Eve to see it in context!