Adams appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Is Don Adams mad? (A nod.) Si.
- Egad! Loretta has Adams as mad as a hatter. Old age!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun adams
- Phrases with Adams
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adams
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adams
- Photos about Adams
- Videos about Adams
- Sign language
- Quotes about Adams
- Scrabble value of A1D2A1M3S1
- Anagrams of ADAMS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adams
What does adams mean as a name of something?
- American Revolutionary leader and patriot; an organizer of the Boston Tea Party and signer of the Declaration of Independence (1722-1803)
- a mountain peak in southwestern Washington in the Cascade Range (12,307 feet high)
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of Adams: Mount Adams
- instance of: mountain peak = the summit of a mountain
- part of: Evergreen State / WA / Wash. / Washington = a state in northwestern United States on the Pacific; Cascade Mountains / Cascade Range / Cascades = a mountain range in the northwestern United States extending through Washington and Oregon and northern California
- Adams is a town in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States. It is part of the Pittsfield, Massachusetts Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 8,485 at the 2010 census.
- Adams is a city in Robertson County, Tennessee. The population was 633 at the 2010 census.
- Adams is a city in Adams County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 1,967 at the 2010 census. The city is located within the Town of Adams.
- Adams is a town in Jefferson County, New York, USA. Named after President John Adams, the population was 5,143 at the 2010 census.
- Adams is a city in Adams Township, Mower County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 787 at the 2010 census.
- Adams is a village in Gage County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 573 at the 2010 census.
- Adams is a city in Umatilla County, Oregon, United States, located about 13 miles northeast of Pendleton on Oregon Route 11. The population was 350 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Pendleton–Hermiston Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Adams is a city in Walsh County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 127 at the 2010 census. Adams was founded in 1905.
- Adams is a village located in the Town of Adams in Jefferson County, New York, USA. The population was 1,776 at the 2010 census. The village is named after President John Adams.
- Adams is an unincorporated community in Schleicher County, Texas, United States. Its elevation is 2,300 feet. It lies northeast of Eldorado, the county seat of Schleicher County.
- Adams is an unincorporated community in Adams Township, Decatur County, Indiana.
- Adams is a town in Green County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 464 at the 2000 Census. The ghost town of Willet was located in the town.
- Adams is a census-designated place located in the town of Adams in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 5,515 at the 2010 census, out of 8,485 in the entire town of Adams.
- Adams a.k.a. Adams, Oklahoma: Adams is a rural unincorporated community in Texas County, Oklahoma, United States. The post office opened June 14, 1930. The ZIP Code is 73901. The community was named for Jesse L. Adams, engineer for the Rock Island Railroad.
- read more about Adams, Oklahoma
- Adams is a town in Adams County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 1,345 at the 2010 census. The city of Adams is located within the town. The ghost town of Adams Center was also located in the town.
- Adams is a town in Jackson County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,208 at the 2000 census.
- Adams a.k.a. Adams, Illinois: Adams is an unincorporated community in Burton Township, Adams County, Illinois, United States. Adams is about 13 miles southeast of Quincy.
- read more about Adams, Illinois
- Adams a.k.a. Adams, California: Adams Springs is an unincorporated community in Lake County, California. It is located 3 miles north of Whispering Pines, at an elevation of 2815 feet.
- read more about Adams, California
- Adams a.k.a. Adams, Kentucky: Adams is an unincorporated community located in Lawrence County, Kentucky, United States.
- read more about Adams, Kentucky
- Adams is an unincorporated community in Green Township, Morgan County, Indiana.
- Adams: An unincorporated community in the town of Troy, Wisconsin.
- Adams a.k.a. Adams, Pennsylvania: Adams is an historic community located in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania.
- read more about Adams, Pennsylvania
There are other places with in their name, like Adams Farm, Adams Mill, Adams Park, Fort Adams, West Adams, Adams Grove, Adams Mills, Adams Ridge, Adams Wharf, Mount Adams, North Adams, Quincy Adams, Adams Academy, Adams Memorial, Hay–Adams Hotel, Adams Crossroads.
- The Adams was an English automobile manufactured in Bedford between 1905 and 1914.
- Adams is a publisher.
- Adams is a fictional character in the film Lady in the Dark.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1959 film Up Periscope.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 2002 film Yossi and Jagger.
- Adams is a fictional character from Tequila.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1986 film P.O.W. The Escape.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1942 film Thundering Hoofs.
- Adams is a fictional character in the 2005 film They Feed.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1972 film Black Gunn.
- Adams is a fictional character in the 1979 film Time After Time.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1942 film Lady from Lisbon.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1941 film Law of the Timber.
- Adams is a fictional character from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1964 film Never Put it in Writing.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 2012 film Re-Kill.
- Adams is a fictional character in the 1954 film The Rainbow Jacket.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1987 film Leonard Part 6.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1974 film Foxy Brown.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1957 film Bundle of Joy.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1944 film Winged Victory.
- Adams is a fictional character from the 1961 film Police Dog Story.
- Adams is a fictional film character.
- Adams a.k.a. Simmy Adams is a fictional character from the 1973 television film Call to Danger.
- read more about Simmy Adams
There are other characters with in their name, like Ed Adams, lt adams, Ben Adams, Bob Adams, Dan Adams, Doc Adams, Dr. Adams, Jim Adams, Sam Adams, Tom Adams, Bill Adams, Brad Adams, Dean Adams, Gary Adams, Greg Adams, Gwen Adams, Hank Adams, Jack Adams, Jake Adams and Jane Adams.
"Adams" is the 2013 musical album by DJ Maryam.
- released in
"Adams" a.k.a. "Adams: An American Dynasty" is a 1976 book by Francis Russell.
- read more about Adams: An American Dynasty
- Adams a.k.a. The Adams Dry Fly is a fishing fly designed by Leonard Halladay from Mayfield, Michigan in 1922, at the request of his friend Charles Adams. Since then it has been one of the more versatile flies because it is effective on both the west and east coasts. It is the most popular dry fly in the world. It is usually a size 14 through size 20 and has been the most popular fly for over 30 years. It has both hackle and upright wings, brightly colored.
- Adams is a lunar impact crater that is located in the rugged southeastern section of the Moon, near the lunar limb. It lies just to the southwest of the crater Legendre. To the northwest are the craters Hase and Petavius, and to the southwest is Furnerius. To the southwest of Adams is a system of rilles designated the Rimae Hase. The longest of these rilles follows a course to the southeast.
- also known as 亚当斯环形山
- Adams was an American racing car constructor, named after Clyde Adams. Adams had left his native Texas and moved to Los Angeles at the age of 20. Adams started working for Harry Miller, and built a reputation as a first-class metalworker. When Miller's business collapsed in the aftermath of the Great Depression, Adams set up his own business. He worked on a range of Indianapolis 500 vehicles from 1930 to 1950, as well as several speedcars. Adams cars competed in one FIA World Championship race - the 1950 Indianapolis 500.
- Adams a.k.a. HMS Detroit was a 6-gun brig of the Royal Navy. She served on Lake Erie during the War of 1812, giving the British control of the lake. She was briefly recaptured by the Americans, but came under heavy fire and had to be abandoned. Both the British and Americans contested her until her battered hulk was burnt.
- read more about HMS Detroit
- Adams: H. Adams, of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, offered a conversion set that converted horse-drawn carriages into motorized automobiles. The engine was mounted on a swivelling fore-carriage, and steering was achieved through wheel and vertical column. In 1905, Adams produced a small 2-cylinder car sold under the name 'One of the Best'.
- Adams is a website.
- official website: stateofhawaii.info/people/Adams
- Adams is a family name.
Phrases with Adams
Phrases starting with the word Adams:
Phrases ending with the word Adams:
- sam adams
- john adams
- fanny adams
- mount adams
- samuel adams
- president adams
- john quincy adams
- sweet fanny adams
- president john adams
- president john quincy adams
Other phrases containing the word Adams:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adams
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Religion and Violence (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Faith and Conflict from Antiquity to the Present by Jeffrey Ian Ross, Senior Research Associate Center for Communitarian Policy Studies Jeffrey Ian Ross
Gerry Adams is the president of Sinn Féin, the political party representing the Irish Republican Movement in Northern...
Adams is a controversial political figure , and many associate him with the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA), the ...
With Biographical Sketches of the Leading Men and Women of the County who Have Been Identified with Its Growth and Development from the Early Days to the Present by George Henry Tinkham
Adams is a native of Stanislaus County, born on Dry Creek, near Empire. ten miles east of Modesto, February 8, 1880...
Adams is the sister of J. W. Butler, residing on tlie Maze Road, near Modesto, whose sketch appears elsewhere in ...
Alvin Plantinga (2012)
by H. Tomberlin, P. van Inwagen
must be the position Adams means to hold — (3), at any rate, seems more plausible than either (1) or (2).
The Metropolitan Magazine (1841)
Miss Adams is a writer strikingly calculated to impress the young mind with a true sense of virtue ; and we think few boys will commit the folly of running into debt under the mistaken idea of being manly, after reading " The Etonian." " Geoffrey ...
by Robert J. Bunker
Adams is a Senior Analyst, Research Planning Inc., on contract to US Army Special Operations Command, Fort...
Dr Adams is the author of US Special Operations Forces in Action and the forthcoming Post-Industrial Warfare.
Dimensions in Mentoring (2012)
A Continuum of Practice from Beginning Teachers to Teacher Leaders by Susan Myers, Connie Anderson
RONI ADAMS Roni Adams is an associate professor and coordinator of the Elementary Education program at Southern...
by William P. Statsky
Don Adams is a sports talk show host. Sam says, “Adams is the only ...
by Charles W. Kreidler
Adams is an old man. 16b Mr. Adams is a young man. 17a The road is wide here. 17b The road is narrow here. Words such as on and off, old and young, wide and narrow are pairs of antonyms. Antonyms are opposite in meaning and ...
by Douglas Adams
"DOUGLAS ADAMS IS A TERRIFIC SATIRIST." --The Washington Post Book World Facing annihilation at the hands of the warlike Vogons is a curious time to have a craving for tea.
Of Fifteen Thousand Technical Words, Phrases, Abbreviations, Initials, and Signs, Employed in Musical and Rhythmical Art and Science, in Nearly Fifty Ancient and Modern Languages
ADAMS, * * * AUTHOR OF “FIVE THOUSAND MUSICAL TERMS.” NEW YORK: ty's 4 × PUBLISHED BY S. T. GORDON & SON, 13 EAST FOURTEENTH STREET, NEAR FIFTH AVENUE , ...
by Oscar Fay Adams
ABERT ADAMS Abert [t/bert], Silvanus Thayer. Pa., 1828 . A civil engineer in the United States service. Notes Historical and Statistical upon the Projected Route for an Interoceanic Canal between the Atlantic and Pacific. Adams, Mrs. Abigail ...
by Keith Haddock
Adams l 05 Pull Grader J.D. Adams is credited with inventing leaning wheels on graders to counteract the side force produced by the angling blade. The first was l 885's Little Wonder pull grader ln l896, the J.D. Adams Company introduced the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adams
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adams
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Adams
Click on an item to play that video:
- Douglas Adams virtual 60th Meaning Of Liff's
John LLoyd talks about The Meaning Of Liff and more Liffs added.
- Unkle Adams - The Ghost of Christmas Meaning
Unkle Adams is a Motivational Rapper, Speaker, Role Model and Counter-Bully.
- Inquiry Institute - Marilee Adams - Definition of "The Inquiring Mindset"
- Douglas Adams meaning and pronunciation
Possibly the greatest English writer who ever lived. Author of the hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy. Douglas Adams definition by Urban Dictionary.
- DEFinition presents: CEY ADAMS
Hip Hop legend Cey Adam's: You dont have to look hip hop to be hip hop.
- Adams Vocabulary Digital Story
- Dora's view on Adams's definition of art
- Mariah Adams. Rube Goldberg Project. Explanation. 2014-2015
- Clare Adams Shurley English Noun Jingle
- Charday Adams - Loaded Language: Creative Responses to Urban Literacy Promotion
This BUCKx Talk was presented on 7-14-13 at the Tenaya Lodge in Yosemite. Filmed and edited by Daniel Lachman.
- SDSI In The Mixed Zone with Moss Adams produced by VERB TV
Surf Industry Legend and SDSI Advisory Board Member Peter "PT" Townend, recently sat down with the good people at Moss Adams to discuss the services that ...
- Figuritive language by: Natalie Adams
See also the pronunciation examples of Adams!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Victory in Jesus--Yolanda adams Sign language
Sign language team at 2007 UPC Deaf conference in Dallas, Texas....awesome!!!! Over 150 Deafs present.
- HEAVEN BY BRYAN ADAMS (AM SIGN LANGUAGE)
Copyright recording, music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Adams Communications - for original, exclusive performances by Bryan Adams, ...
- BRIAN ADAMS SIGN LANGUAGE VIDEO VOTE MAY 5TH 7AM TO 7PM
Quotes about Adams
Scrabble value of A1D2A1M3S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADAMS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Adams!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adams to see it in context!