On this page:
Definition of the noun adapid group
What does adapid group mean as a name of something?
- extinct small mostly diurnal lower primates that fed on leaves and fruit; abundant in North America and Europe 30 to 50 million years ago; their descendents probably include the lemurs; some authorities consider them ancestral to anthropoids but others consider them only cousins
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Adapid group: Adapid
- more generic terms: taxon / taxonomic category / taxonomic group = animal or plant group having natural relations
- member of: order Primates / Primates = an animal order including lemurs and tarsiers and monkeys and apes and human beings
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adapid group
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Second Edition by Eric Delson, Ian Tattersall, John Van Couvering, Alison S. Brooks
Afew workers even questioned whether Oligopithecus might belong with a poorlyknown European Eocene adapid group, the cercamoniines, and represent alinking form between anthropoids andthe latter group. In1990, Simons described a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adapid group
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Adapid group to find many related words and phrases!