On this page:
- Definition of the noun add on
- Definition of the verb add on
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Add on
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Add on
- Usage statistics about add on
- Photos about Add on
- Video language resources about Add on
- Quotes about Add on
- Anagrams of ADD ON
- Share this page
Definition of the noun add on
What does add on mean as a name of something?
- [alternative form of, add-on].
Definition of the verb add on
What does add on mean as a doing phrase?
- make an addition
- example: Let's add on to this
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Patient, plural] Herman connected the computers | The merger associated the two companies [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Patient, plural] together Herman connected the computers together | Herman gathered the students together [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Patient 1] with / into / to [Patient 2] Herman added a computer to the network [Patient - concrete object, plural] [Verb] [Adverb] Eggs mix well | The pieces interconnect easily | These computers connected well [Patient - concrete object, plural] [Verb] [Adverb] together These computers connected well together [Patient 1 - concrete object] [Verb] [Adverb] with / into / to [Patient 2] Eggs mix well with cream | This computer will connect well to the network
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- more generic word: add = make an addition (to); join or combine or unite with others
- add to the very end
Add On a.k.a. ADD-ON is a musical group.
- album: "Seven Mistakes"
Add On a.k.a. Add-on: Add-ons are installable enhancements to the Mozilla Foundation's projects, and projects based on them. Add-ons allow the user to add or augment application features, use themes to their liking, and handle new types of content.
- also known as Extension
- official website: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/?browse=featured
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Add on
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Adverse events Acute idiosyncratic Chronic toxicity Teratogenicity Eslicarbazepine Sodium channel blockade Partial (add on) – Hyponatremia – Felbamate Glycine ...
With Notes on Yokuts by Catherine Callaghan
Part 4 abalone abdomen ablative case above abuse, to accursed ache, to acorn flour acorn Soup or bread acrid Adam's apple add on, to adj.-noun Suf. adj. suffix adverbial case advise, to adv. Suf. afflict (illness) afraid, to be after again ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Add on
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about add on
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb add on:
Photos about Add on
Click on an item to view that photo:
- LEGO Dol Guldur (with add on sets)
This is the LEGO Dol Guldur Battle (79014) with Dol Guldur Ambush (79011) and Witch King Battle (79015) added, as per the advertisement in the back of the LEGO instructions.
Photo credit: Adam Purves (S3ISOR)
- Edinburgh - Usher Hall "add on"
Edinburgh's Inspiring Capital - Usher Hall Domino-like branding...at least it stops you seeing the eyesore that is the Usher Hall extension.
Photo credit: Craig Murphy
Video language resources about Add on
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Vocabulary Add On.
This is the Dragon Naturally Speaking add on medical vocabulary in action.
- Kodi Explanation of Streaming & Torrenting on Add on For Kodi Xbmc
Read FreeMyTv blog about this Topic...
- Add On Interest Definition
- Add On and Sweet Spot Explanation Xtreme Green
Nate Jackson and Brian Smith discussing Add-On kits and coming into Xtreme Green as an IBO at the "Sweet Spot".
- Inventory / Equipment System Item Description Field Add on!
- To Add On - ESL British English Pronunciation
- "Add on" (phrasal verb)
See also the pronunciation examples of Add on!
Quotes about Add on
The Sims is kind of an interesting case because we had all these expansion packs. We were able to incrementally add on and explore without invading the core dynamic or the core game play. (Will Wright)
Anagrams of ADD ON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Add on!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Add on to see it in context!