The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun addendum:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun addendum
- Phrases with Addendum
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Addendum
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Addendum
- Photos about Addendum
- Video language resources about Addendum
- Quotes about Addendum
- Scrabble value of A1D2D2E1N1D2U1M3
- Anagrams of ADDENDUM
- Share this page
Definition of the noun addendum
What does addendum mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: addenda
- textual matter that is added onto a publication; usually at the end
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of addendum: postscript / supplement
- more generic word: matter = written works
- more specific words:
- part of: back matter / end matter = written matter following the main text of a book
Alternative definition of the noun addendum
- Something to be added; especially text added as an appendix or supplement to a document.
- A postscript.
- [engineering] The height by which the tooth of a gear projects beyond (outside for external, or inside for internal) the standard pitch circle or pitch line.
- "Addendum" is an Assemblage 23 remix album, featuring numerous remixes from albums Contempt and Failure, as well as three original songs and an original 1996 version of song "The Drowning Season.
- "Addendum" is a musical album of Das Ich.
- released on (7 years ago)
- Addendum: An addendum, in general, is an addition required to be made to a document by its author subsequent to its printing or publication. It comes from the Latin verbal phrase addendum est, being the gerundive form of the verb addo, addere, addidi, additum, "to give to, add to", meaning " must be added". Addenda is from the plural form addenda sunt, " which must be added"..
- Addendum: An appendage to an existing document that contains supplemental information. The parent document remains content is unaltered.
Phrases with Addendum
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Addendum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Elements of Mechanism (1905)
by Peter Schwamb, Allyne Litchfield Merrill
6° Addendum. — The addendum is the term applied to the length of the tooth outside the ...
by Medical Society of the State of New York (1807- )
For the deficiency of heat, or the failure of some of the hot-air pipes in certain winds and weathers in large schoolhouses, or for specially exposed roonts, the best addendum is an open firegrate — as before mentioned. But with a view to the ...
Exchange Rates and the Firm (1999)
Strategies to Manage Exposure and the Impact of EMU by R. Friberg
The potential addendum is that being present on several markets is a way of spreading risk – diversification. Lessard and Lightstone (1986) mention the example of Laker Airways. Laker operated transatlantic flights, and had a significant ...
Other Minds (1999)
Critical Essays 1969-1994 by Thomas Nagel
The addendum is a response to Adolf Gr#nbaum's comments on the review, which appeared in the August 11, 1994, issue. Great intellectual revolutionaries change the way we think. They pose new questions and devise new methods of ...
Covering 14.10 and 15.04 by Matthew Helmke
The second addendum is that because you are actually changing only one character (B to F), you need not use a function at all. PHP enables you to read ( and change) individual characters of a string by specifying the character position inside ...
What Everyone Needs to Know? by Andrew Finkel
A necessary addendum is that Turkish politicians are not very good at laughing at themselves. As prime minister, Tayyip Erdoğan, leader of the Justice and Development Party, actually sued a caricaturist who depicted him as a cat tangled up ...
by Susan J. Westrick, Katherine McCormack Dempski
An addendum is the best way to add to or correct a note. Late entry is used when no note was written but one is needed. A line may be placed through an incorrect entry, but this nurse's entry was not incorrect. A note should ...
Philosophy of Physics (2006)
The only addendum is that we wish V to be closed under the O- topology ...
Common Judaism, Paul, and the Inner and Outer in Ancient Religion by E. P. Sanders
The second addendum is that the ...
The Practical Art of Serving as an Executive Board Member by John A. Hazlett, M.B.A., JD
ADDENDA The first addendum is a discussion of nonprofit financials 65 Afterword.
A Reference Book of Machine Shop and Drawing Room Data, Methods and Definitions by Fred Herbert Colvin, Frank Arthur Stanley
To Find the Outside Diameter: Multiply the cosine of the pitch angle by twice the addendum and add the pitch diameter. To Find the Outside Cone Radius or Apex Distance: Multiply the secant of the pitch angle of the pinion by J the pitch ...
A Complete Kit of Ready-to-use Checklists, Worksheets, Forms, and Contracts with Companion CD-ROM. by Atlantic Publishing Co
The Klingon Dictionary (1992)
by Marc Okrand
ADDENDUM. The original edition of this dictionary was never intended to contain a complete description of the Klingon language, but only an outline of some of its more important grammatical features and a representative sample of its ...
Containing Also an Addendum, Giving the Results of Subsequent Study, Research and Discovery to the Present Time, and a Self-pronouncing Dictionary by Albert Gallatin Mackey, Charles Thompson McClenachan
Containing Also an Addendum, Giving the Results of Subsequent Study, Research and Discovery to the Present Time, and a Self-pronouncing Dictionary Albert Gallatin Mackey, Charles Thompson McClenachan. PREFACE TO ADDENDUM.
Building Contract Dictionary (2008)
by David Chappell, Vincent Powell-Smith, Derek Marshall, Simon Cavender
Common reasons for preparing addendum bills are: — To make a reduction on the lowest tender figure if it exceeds the employer's budget. In this case they are usually termed 'bills of reductions'. — When standard house types are designed ...
Building Law Encyclopaedia (2009)
by David Chappell, Michael H. Dunn, Michael Cowlin
When standard unit types are designed and a common bill of quantities prepared , an addendum bill is often necessary for use on individual contracts to quantify minor variations from the standard, e.g. to accommodate such items as steps and ...
by Benno Landsberger, Miguel Civil
ADDENDUM When the printing of this volume was almost finished, M. Jean- Marie Durand (Paris) kindly communicated to the editor the following fragment from the collection of the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes. The proper place for this ...
A Guide to the Language of Engineering by Ron Hanifan
Addendum The addendum of an external thread is the radial distance between the major and pitch cylinders or cones, respectively. The addendum of an internal thread is the radial distance between the minor and pitch cylinders or cones, ...
A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology (1891)
by Richard Soule
Sum, sum up, cast up, add together, aggregate, reckon up, count up, foot up- Addendum, ». Addition, appendix, appendage, adjunct* appurtenance, attachment Addict, v. a. Accustom (t<wit>a<nly frt a bad *•«*•), habituate, dedicate , devote, ...
by Mark Antony Lower
ADDENDUM. Grain James Trussel Corn George Forge Wheat Charles Smithy Oats James Builder Rye Silas House Barley John Cottage Grass Freedom Lodge Hay Leigh Grange Straw Lucy Farm Clover Amelia Barns Savin Happy Helen ...
by William Chambers
addendum. n, ad-den'dum, n., a thing to le added; an appendix. — pi. adden'd*. [ L.] addition, ad-dish/un, n., the act of adding: the thing added : the rule in arithmetic for adding sums together. [L. additio. from ad, do.] additional, ad-dish' un-al, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Addendum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Addendum
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Addendum
Click on an item to play that video:
- Addendum Meaning
Video shows what addendum means. Something to be added; especially text added as an appendix or supplement to a document.. A postscript.. The height by ...
- Definition of success addendum, mental rehearsal
Definition of success amendum, mental rehearsal.
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Addendum, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
Meaning of the Word, Easy Vocabulary, Daily Vocabulary, Words Power, Words Meaning.
- Call In - Addendum - Phrasal Verbs - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Run Up addendum - Phrasal Verbs - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Publish Revit Apps to Exchange Store - Addendum: Multi-language Considerations
This is an Addendum in the presentation series "Publish Your Revit Apps to Autodesk Exchange Store". This section talks about Localization issues and ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Addendum!
Quotes about Addendum
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'addendum"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1D2D2E1N1D2U1M3
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADDENDUM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Addendum!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Addendum to see it in context!