On this page:
Definition of the noun adder's fern
What does adder's fern mean as a name of something?
- mat-forming lithophytic or terrestrial fern with creeping rootstocks and large pinnatifid fronds found throughout North America and Europe and Africa and east Asia
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Polypodium vulgare vulgare / variety Polypodium vulgare vulgare / Polypodium vulgare
- synonyms of adder's fern: common polypody / golden maidenhair / golden polypody / sweet fern / wall fern
- more generic word: polypody = any of numerous ferns of the genus Polypodium
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adder's Fern
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Adder's Fern to find many related words and phrases!