On this page:
Definition of the noun adder's tongue
What does adder's tongue mean as a name of something?
- ferns with fertile spikes shaped like a snake's tongue
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of adder's tongue: adder's tongue fern
- more generic word: fern = any of numerous flowerless and seedless vascular plants having true roots from a rhizome and fronds that uncurl upward
- more specific terms: Ophioglossum pendulum / ribbon fern = epiphytic fern with straplike usually twisted fronds of tropical Asia and Polynesia and America
- member of: genus Ophioglossum / Ophioglossum = the type genus of the fern family Ophioglossaceae
Alternative definition of the noun adder's tongue
- Any of several fern-like plants in the genus Ophioglossum.
- A lily in the genus Erythronium.
Phrases with Adder's Tongue
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adder's Tongue
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adder's Tongue
Click on an item to view that photo:
Fetid Adder's Tongue Lily
EPSON DSC picture
Photo credit: #ODF
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Adder's Tongue
Adder's tongue Meaning
Video shows what adder's tongue means. Any of several fern-like plants in the genus Ophioglossum.. A lily in the genus Erythronium.. Adder's tongue Meaning.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Adder's Tongue to find many related words and phrases!