Adder's Tongue Fern
On this page:
Definition of the noun adder's tongue fern
What does adder's tongue fern mean as a name of something?
- ferns with fertile spikes shaped like a snake's tongue
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of adder's tongue fern: adder's tongue
- more generic word: fern = any of numerous flowerless and seedless vascular plants having true roots from a rhizome and fronds that uncurl upward
- more specific terms: Ophioglossum pendulum / ribbon fern = epiphytic fern with straplike usually twisted fronds of tropical Asia and Polynesia and America
- member of: genus Ophioglossum / Ophioglossum = the type genus of the fern family Ophioglossaceae
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adder's Tongue Fern
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adder's Tongue Fern
If you need images about Adder's Tongue Fern for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Adder's Tongue Fern to find many related words and phrases!