Addison Emery Verrill
On this page:
Who is Addison Emery Verrill?
Addison Emery Verrill was an American zoologist. He was a student of Louis Agassiz at Harvard University and graduated in 1862. He then accepted a position as Yale University's first Professor of Zoology, and taught there from 1864 until his retirement in 1907.
- also known as A. E. Verrill
- born on (176 years ago) in Greenwood
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Harvard University
- profession: Zoologist, science writer
- parent of Alpheus Hyatt Verrill
- died on (89 years ago) in Santa Barbara
- written works: "Notice of recent additions to the marine fauna of the eastern coast of North America", "Additions to the marine Mollusca of the Bermudas"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Addison Emery Verrill
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: