Adelaide of Austria
On this page:
Who is Adelaide of Austria?
Adelaide of Austria was the first wife of Victor Emmanuel II of Sardinia, future King of Italy. She was the mother of some eight children including the future Umberto I of Italy. She was the Queen of Sardinia from 1849 until 1855 when she died as a result of childbirth.
- also known as Maria Adelaide of Austria
- born on (193 years ago) in Royal Palace of Milan, child of Elisabeth of Savoy - Carignano and Archduke Rainer Joseph of Austria
- religion: Catholicism
- Marriage with Victor Emmanuel II of Italy between and (13 years)
- parent of
- died on (160 years ago) in Milan
- buried in Basilica of Superga
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adelaide of Austria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: