On this page:
Definition of the noun adelie coast
What does adelie coast mean as a name of something?
- a costal region of Antarctica to the south of Australia; noted for its large colonies of penguins
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Adelie Coast: Adelie Land / Terre Adelie
- instance of: geographic area / geographic region / geographical area / geographical region = a demarcated area of the Earth
- part of: Antarctic continent / Antarctica = an extremely cold continent at the south pole almost entirely below the Antarctic Circle
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adelie Coast
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Barbara Charton, John Tietjen
It sighted the Adelie coast of Antarctica in 1840, which it named ...
by Vivien Gornitz
Waters of the continental margin off Adelie Coast, Antarctica. In Hayes, D.E. (ed.), Antarctic Oceanology II. Washington, D.C: American Geophysical Union, Antarctic Research Series, ...
by Houghton Mifflin Company, Webster
[After the Adelie Coast, Antarctica.! A common medium-sized Antarctic penguin, Pygoscefis adeliae. that has a black back and head and white underparts and that lives and breeds in large exposed rookeries. -adelphoua sufV. [NLat. - adelphus ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adelie Coast
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Adelie Coast to find many related words and phrases!