On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adelie land
What does adelie land mean as a name of something?
- a costal region of Antarctica to the south of Australia; noted for its large colonies of penguins
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Adelie Land: Adelie Coast / Terre Adelie
- instance of: geographic area / geographic region / geographical area / geographical region = a demarcated area of the Earth
- part of: Antarctic continent / Antarctica = an extremely cold continent at the south pole almost entirely below the Antarctic Circle
Adelie Land a.k.a. Adélie Land is a claimed territory on the continent of Antarctica. It stretches from a coastline area along the Great Southern Ocean inland all the way to the South Pole. This territory is claimed by France as one of five districts of the French Southern and Antarctic Lands, although most countries have not given this their diplomatic recognition.
- read more about Adélie Land
"Adelie Land" is a musical album of Handsomeboy Technique.
- released on (10 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adelie Land
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia Americana (1903)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
Granite and gneiss were found by D'Urville near Adelie Land, and Borchgrevink states that the rock at Cape Adare is mica- schist ; these are distinctly continental types. Indirect evidence is furnished by the materials transported from the far ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adelie Land
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adelie Land
If you need images about Adelie Land for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of ADELIE LAND
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adelie Land!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adelie Land to see it in context!