On this page:
- Definition of the noun Adesmia
- Phrases with Adesmia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adesmia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adesmia
- Photos about Adesmia
- Video language resources about Adesmia
- Scrabble value of A1D2E1S1M3I1A1
- Anagrams of ADESMIA
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Adesmia
What does Adesmia mean as a name of something?
Adesmia is a genus of Fabaceae.
- synonyms: genus Adesmia / Patagonium / genus Patagonium
- kingdom: Plantae
- phylum: Tracheophyta
- class: Magnoliopsida
- order: Fabales
- family: Fabaceae
- species Adesmia reclinata
- species Adesmia sessilifolia
- species Adesmia spinosissima
- species Patagonium alcicomutum
- species Patagonium boroniodes
- species Patagonium calopogon
- species Patagonium canescens
- species Patagonium concinnum
- species Patagonium graminideum
- species Patagonium grandifolium
- species Patagonium inconspicuum
- species Patagonium izquierdi
- species Patagonium kingi
- species Patagonium latistipula
- species Patagonium lotoides
- species Patagonium miraflorense
- species Patagonium ononidis
- species Patagonium parviflorum
- species Patagonium patencana
- species Patagonium punctatum
- species Patagonium quadrifugum
- species Patagonium retrofractum
- species Patagonium rudolfii
- species Patagonium rudolphii
- species Patagonium sericeum
- species Patagonium spinossimum
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Adesmia is a genus of Fabaceae, described by Fischer de Waldheim in 1822.
Adesmia is a genus of Adesmiini, described by Fischer de Waldheim in 1822.
- synonym: genus Adesmia
Phrases with Adesmia
- Adesmia Laxa
- Adesmia Nana
- Adesmia Acuta
- Adesmia Aueri
- Adesmia Dubia
- Adesmia Elata
- Adesmia Firma
- Adesmia Kingi
- Adesmia Laeta
- Adesmia Minor
- Adesmia Spuma
- Adesmia Alpina
- Adesmia Aprica
- Adesmia Aspera
- Adesmia Bijuga
- Adesmia Closii
- Adesmia Dumosa
- Adesmia Exilis
- Adesmia Gayana
- genus Adesmia
View more phrases with the word Adesmia in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adesmia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Giving Full Instructions for the Management and Propagation of the Plants Cultivated in the Hot-houses, Greenhouses, Conservatories ... : Alphabetically Arranged by Robert Sweet
ADESMIA is a Papilionaceous genus, related to Hedysarum; its species are chiefly annual or herbaceous, and mostly natives of South America; an equal mixture of sandy loam and peat is the most proper soil for them; and they may be ...
by Sir Norman Lockyer
Liparis is the nun moth of Europe and an orchid of Europe; Iris is an insect and the well-known plant; Laelia is a moth and an orchid; Adesmia is a beetle and a shrub; Castalia is a beetle of India and the water-lily, while Castalius is an lndian ...
Adesmia is a genus of pea flowered shrubs or trailing plants from South America, and not likely to be "tuberous" rooted. Prof. Theo. Holm of Washington, to whom we referred your inquiry suggests that your plant is possibly an "Agdestis, which ...
An Illustrated Encyclopædia of Practical Horticulture for All Classes by Walter Page Wright
ADESMIA. Greenhouse and half-hardy plants (0rd. Legumin' USED), annual or perennial; trailing habit; yellow flowers in terminal racemes. Sow seed of annuals in warmth in spring; insert cuttings of shrubs in summer, under bell-glass. Soil ...
by Tatiana Wielgorskaya, Armen Leonovich Takhtadzhi͡an
ADENOCERAS RCHB ADESMIA DC western North America, Mexico, Guatemala , Chile, Argentina, Himalayas, East Asia; 1 (A. adhaerescens) extending to Russian Far East Adenoceras Rchb. f. et Zoll. ex Baill. = Macaranga Thouars.
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
" Adesmia DC. Fabaceae Origins: Greek a "without" and desmos "a bond," the stamens are free; see A.P. de Candolle, in Ann. Sci. Nat.
The Gardeners' Dictionary (1886)
Enumerating the Plants, Fruits, and Vegetables Desirable for the Garden and Explaining the Terms and Operations Employed in Their Cultivations by George W. Johnson
papposa, Adesmia. M. aristata, Pktetia. M. pla- tycarpa, Glottidum Floridanum. M. vir- gata, Corsetia. M. viscidula, JE.subvis- cosa. jE. Sesban, Sesbania jEgyptiuca, M. cannabina, M. affinu. jEsculus carnea, JE. rubicunda. Afzelia gianHis ...
by Philip Miller
ADESMIA, De Candolle (from the Greek, a, "without," and hir/tos, " a bond"). Free Flower. Monadelphia Decandria, or Decandria Monogynia, Linnaeus ; Leguminosa, Jussieu. Calyx five-parted, segments sharp pointed, somewhat equal ...
A Manual and Dictionary of the Flowering Plants and Ferns: The classes, cohorts, orders, and chief genera of phanerogams and ferns (1897)
by John Christopher Willis
Adesmia DC. (Patagonium Schrank.) Leguminosae (m. 7). 90 sp. S. Am. Adhatoda Tourn. Acanthaceae (iv. B). 6 sp. trop. Adiantum Linn. Polypodiaceae. About 70 sp., esp. trop. Am. A. Capillus-vineris L., the maiden-hair fern, occurs wild in a ...
by John Christopher Willis
Patagonium Schrank = Adesmia DC.
by George William Johnson
ADESMIA. Eight species, of which A. viscosa is hardy .
by Samuel Hereman
See Adesmia. ntirea . . . Yellow ...
by John Lindley, Thomas Moore
ADESMIA. A large genus of the. )DE] ...
by Rod Preston-Mafham, Ken Preston-Mafham
h Adesmia 74 Adranes taylori 262 Acdini 1(M ...
A dictionary of new medical terms, a suppl. to 'An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences'. (1905)
by George Milbry Gould
Adesmia. (See Illus Diet.) 2'.
The Treasury of Botany: a Popular Dictionary of Vegetable Kingdom with which is Incorporated a Glossary of Botanical Terms Edited by John Lindley and Thomas Moore (1870)
A low scrubby rigid and thorny shrub from the deserts of Patagonia, forming a genus of Leguminosw of the tribe Hedysarem, scarcely to be distinguished from Adesmia. except by the pods consisting of globular joints, and calyx and persistent ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adesmia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adesmia
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adesmia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Coleoptera Collection: Darkling Beetles Adesmia karelini, Tenebrionidae, in Kiev, Ukraine 2015
VIDEO LINK =...
- Unique Collection: Darkling Beetle Adesmia pulcherrima, Tenebrionidae (Coleoptera), in Kiev Ukraine
VIDEO LINK =...
- Adesmia Corymbosa. Reserva Ecologica Plottier
Una de nuestras plantas menos conocidas, la legumbre "Adesmia corymbosa" Videos de Reserva Ecologica Plottier.
View more videos about Adesmia incana.
Scrabble value of A1D2E1S1M3I1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADESMIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adesmia!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Adesmia to find many related words and phrases!