On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adhesive tape
What does adhesive tape mean as a name of something?
- tape coated with adhesive
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic word: tape = a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening
- more specific terms:
- cellulose tape = transparent or semitransparent adhesive tape used for sealing or attaching or mending
- duct tape = a wide silvery adhesive tape intended to seal joints in sheet metal duct work but having many other uses
- insulating tape / friction tape = a water-resistant adhesive tape used to insulate exposed electrical conductors
- masking paper / masking tape = adhesive tape used to cover the part of a surface that should not be painted
- adhesive plaster / sticking plaster / plaster = adhesive tape used in dressing wounds
Alternative definition of the noun adhesive tape
- [US] Sticky tape, typically white in color and 1/2 to 1 inch wide, intended for use in fastening bandages and related healthcare applications.
- Adhesive tape is one of many varieties of backing materials coated with an adhesive. Several types of adhesives can be used.
- also known as Scotch Tape, Duct Tape, Masking Tape
- Adhesive tape a.k.a. Pressure-sensitive tape, known also in various countries as PSA tape, adhesive tape, self-stick tape, sticky tape, or just tape, is an adhesive tape that will stick with application pressure, without the need for solvent, heat, or water for activation. It can be used in the home, office, industry, and institutions for a wide variety of purposes.
- read more about Pressure-sensitive tape
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adhesive tape
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Moshe Moshkovitz
Splicing is done by applying adhesive tape to join the two ends together. The ends must be correctly cut and joined to form a splice that will run smoothly through a projector. splicer A mechanical instrument used for splicing of film. One of the ...
The Household Dictionary (1920)
by Winnifred Shaw Fales
Adhesive Tape, Uses For. 1. After cementing Broken Glass and China, apply adhesive tape to hold the parts in place until thoroughly dry. 2. Use adhesive tape for the temporary repair of a Glass Door in an Oven, applying it to both sides of the ...
by Michael Szycher
Adhesive Tape Adhesive Tape A ...
The Visual Dictionary of Communications & Office Automation - Communications & Office Automation (2009)
box sealing tape dispenser Device that is used to unroll, apply and cut a roll of adhesive tape using one hand. tape guide Device used as a visual guide to apply the adhesive tape to a specific area. cutting blade Thin flat metal piece that cuts ...
by James T. Frane
The adhesive tape is pressed directly onto the wallboard joint. The non-adhesive fiberglass tape is stapled to the wallboard along the joint. The tape is then concealed by applying and smoothing successive coats of joint compound. Fiberglass ...
by Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Join the pages with photo adhesive tape. Back them with the remaining 6 pages ( the wrong sides at the lirst s and the second 6 together). using photo adhesive paper. Use photo adhesive tape to attach the left side at the lirst page to the right ...
by Jan W. Gooch
Adhesive Tape Test See ▷ Tape Test. Adhesive, Warm-Setting n A term that is sometimes used as a Syn: ▷ Intermediate Temperature Setting Adhesive. See ▷ Adhesive, Intermediate Temperature Setting. Adiabatic \ · a-de ̄-ә-·ba-tik, ·a ...
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions - Australian & New Zealand Edition (2014)
by Peter Harris, Sue Nagy, Nicholas Vardaxis
See adhesive tape. adhesive pleurisy, inflammation of the pleura with exudation. It causes obliteration of the pleural space through the fusion of the visceral pleural layer covering the lungs and the parietal layer lining the walls of the thoracic ...
A Work of Reference : Providing Complete Instructions for the Cure of All Diseases Through Physcultopathy : with General Information on Natural Methods of Health-building and a Description of the Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body by Bernarr Macfadden
You can provide your spirometer with a measuring device in the following ImāInner Procure some surgeon's adhesive tape, or some thick, smooth white cloth on which you can use a pen. Now paste this cloth or tape around a narrow piece of ...
by Nikolas Davies, Erkki Jokiniemi
Bockleton, Worcestershire, England, 12th century double-sided adhesive tape, double-coated adhesive tape, doubleside tape; adhesive tape which has an adhesive coating on both sides. double-skin facade modern facade construction ...
by Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization
tape; adhesive tape tape backup tape cartridge tape liberary tape recorder tape Storage ...
by Suzanne Bell
adhesive tape The stages of ADME xenobiotic) is absorbed into the tissues. If the xeno- biotic is swallowed, this absorption usually occurs in the digestive tract. The absorbed material is distributed throughout the body and tissues depending ...
Dictionary of Converting (2012)
by M. R. Chamberlain, J. F. Bowler
At low speed unwind splices can be made by feeding the leading edge from a new reel, already prepared with doublesided adhesive tape, into a nip with the web nearing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adhesive tape
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adhesive tape
Click on an item to view that photo:
Attach decorations with double-sided adhesive tape
Photo credit: Arne Sostack
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Adhesive tape
Adhesive tape Meaning
Video shows what adhesive tape means. Sticky tape, typically white in color and 1/2 to 1 inch wide, intended for use in fastening bandages and related ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Adhesive tape!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adhesive tape to see it in context!