Adieu appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Tibetan royal piano revue I’d assess – "Adieu, Verona!" – I play ornate bit.
- "Start, Sir, a style-remote voter… adieu! Go, game demagogue!" I dare to veto merely tsarist rats.
- "So, obese booth promoter, adieu! Grasp mighty metal, O sedate goth, to get a desolate myth!", gimps argue, "I dare to morph to obese boos."
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun adieu:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun adieu
- Other definitions of adieu
- Phrases with Adieu
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adieu
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adieu
- Photos about Adieu
- Video language resources about Adieu
- Quotes about Adieu
- Scrabble value of A1D2I1E1U1
- Anagrams of ADIEU
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adieu
What does adieu mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adieus / adieux (less preferred form)
- a farewell remark
- example: He bade her adieu forever.
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of adieu: adios / arrivederci / au revoir / auf wiedersehen / bye / bye-bye / cheerio / good day / good-by / good-bye / goodby / goodbye / sayonara / so long
- more generic terms: farewell / word of farewell = an acknowledgment or expression of goodwill at parting
Other definitions of adieu
What does adieu also mean?
- Said to wish a fond farewell; good-bye.
- "Adieu" is a song by Canadian singer Cœur de pirate, from her second studio album Blonde. It was released as a single in Canada on March 19, 2011.
- music and lyrics by Cœur de pirate
- "Adieu" was the Norwegian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1982, performed in Norwegian by Jahn Teigen and Anita Skorgan.
- "Adieu" für Wolfgang Sebastian Meyer is a composition for wind quintet by Karlheinz Stockhausen composed in 1966. It is Number 21 in the composer's catalog of works, and the second of Stockhausen's three wind quintets.
- "Adieu" is a musical album of Benny Neyman.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Adieu" is a musical album of Adam Strug.
- released on
- "Adieu" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Adieu" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Patrick Bruel
- "Adieu" is a musical single of Cœur de pirate.
- released on
- "ADIEU" is a musical EP of Lejeune.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Adieu" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Arthur H
- "Adieu" a.k.a. "Aideu" is an Assamese film produced by the Nagaon-based organization Trinayan Media Foundation and directed by Arup Manna. The film released in Mumbai International Film Festival in February 8, 2007. This film was shown at Pune International Film Festival, Delhi Habitat Film Fest and at 25th Munich International Film Festival. This film was shot in 16 mm format with a modest budget of Rs 16 lakh.
- read more about Aideu
- "Adieu" is a 2003 film written and directed by Arnaud des Pallières.
Adieu is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Adieu
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adieu
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Weakness of God (2006)
A Theology of the Event by John D. Caputo
Adieu means the pre-position before all propositions of being turned to God, practice not thetics, pragmatics not semantics,
On Tinker Street (2009)
Woodstock Reflections by C. J. Krieger
shed this &ortal coil “bur eyes still speab to &e 01 loUa M1atti&e can nelbr spoil q y only wish, &y one desire 8 elore we gid adieu Is that when lile has reached its end “bukll tabe &e there ...
comprising the most excellent and appropriate passages in the old British poets ; with choice and copious selections from the best modern British and American poets by John F. Addington
ADIEU. Then eomes the parting hour, and what arise When lovers part — expressive looks, and eyes Tender and tearful — many a fond adieu, And many a eall the sorrow to renew.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adieu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adieu
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dumond79
Photo credit: momobi
Photo credit: b.frahm
Photo credit: Vasnic64
Photo credit: aienazahira
Photo credit: Stephi 2006
Photo credit: harmishhk
Photo credit: rasdourian
Photo credit: gravitat-OFF
Photo credit: bhumesh_a
La Kasba 31/07
Photo credit: EvanManphis
- Adieu !
Photo credit: equinoxefr
- Adieu Graz!
Photo credit: metal.olf
- Adieu, October
So long October, hello November.
Photo credit: Arktekt
- Adieu - magnolia
One of the last faded magnolia...
View On Black
Photo credit: catlovers
- Adieu Glarus
Taken 1994 - Getting away from way too rural Zigerschlitz.
Photo credit: memibeltrame
- The adieu
Photo credit: Boston Public Library
- Adieu Fall
Until next year..
Photo credit: .Bala
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adieu
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adieu Meaning
Video shows what adieu means. Said to wish a final farewell; goodbye.. adieu pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. adieu ...
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Adieu, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
Meaning of the Word, Easy Vocabulary, Daily Vocabulary, Words Power, Words Meaning.
- ADIEU AU LANGUAGE Trailer | New Release 2014
Goodbye to Language Directed by Jean-Luc Godard (18A) Winner of the Jury Prize at this year's Cannes Film Festival, the new film by Jean-Luc Godard is a ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Adieu!
Quotes about Adieu
For since to part your will is.
O heavy tiding
Here is for me no biding.
Yet once again
Ere that I part with you.
sweet Adieu. (John Wilbye)
more quotes about adieu...
Scrabble value of A1D2I1E1U1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADIEU
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adieu!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adieu to see it in context!