On this page:
- Definition of the noun adjudicator
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adjudicator
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adjudicator
- Photos about Adjudicator
- Video about Adjudicator
- Quotes about Adjudicator
- Scrabble value of A1D2J8U1D2I1C3A1T1O1R1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun adjudicator
What does adjudicator mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adjudicators
- a person who studies and settles conflicts and disputes
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic words: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone / soul = a human being
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun adjudicator
- One, especially a man or boy, who adjudicates; compare: adjudicatrix.
"Adjudicator" is a composition.
- music by きだしゅんすけ
- Adjudicator a.k.a. Jurist is someone who studies and teaches jurisprudence. Such a person can work as an academic, a legal writer, or an eminent judge. Thus jurist, someone who studies, analyses and comments on law, stands in contrast with lawyer, someone who applies law on behalf of clients and thinks about it in practical terms.
- also known as 법학자, رجل قانون, Právny odborník, Rechtsgeleerde, Νομικός, Jurista, Jurysta, 法学者, 法学家
- Adjudicator: An adjudicator is someone who presides, judges and arbitrates during a formal dispute. The term adjudicator essentially means a judge, without invoking the legal term. An ombudsman is a type of adjudicator in local government in the United Kingdom.
- also known as 評判
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adjudicator
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Miscarriages of Justice (1999)
A Review of Justice in Error by Clive Walker
evidence whereby defendants are found guilty by means of a formal adversarial process in which evidence against the defendant is presented by the prosecution and tested by the defence before an impartial adjudicator is a mere caricature ...
A User's Guide by Jon Broome
The Adjudicator is a third party who is called upon to decide on any dispute between ...
Adjudication Under the NEC (2001)
by Richard N. M. Anderson
Contract Data Contract Data The Adjudicator is The Adjudicator is Name [ ] Name [ ] Address [ ] Address [ ] NEC PRINCIPLES It is open to the Parties, at the time of contracting, to agree upon ...
Proceedings of the Council of the Governor of Bombay Assembled for the Purpose of Making Laws and Regulations (1904)
by Bombay (Presidency). Legislature. Legislative Council
But, whilst holding the opinion that this will be so where the conciliator or the adjudicator is a single private individual, the Commissioner thinks it need not be so where we use a panch of them. The proper direction in which to experiment is, ...
Building Contract Dictionary (2008)
by David Chappell, Vincent Powell-Smith, Derek Marshall, Simon Cavender
Adjudication — Impose a limit of 28 days from the date of referral for the adjudicator to reach a decision or a longer period by agreement by the parties after referral. — Allow the adjudicator to extend the 28 days by up to 14 days if the referring ...
by Peter Gordon, Denis Lawton
school adjudicator Section 25 of the School Standards and Framework Act (1998) allowed the appointment of school adjudicators by the ...
A Dictionary of Taxation (2012)
by Simon R. James
adjudicator The post of ...
by Jeremy Butterfield
adjudicator. is speltor. adjure. see ABJURE. adjust.
by Bryan A. Garner
See adjudicator. adjudicate. A. Proper Object with. Disputes and ...
by Thomas Fenby
judge, umpire, arbitrator, adjudicator, referee. Arbitrary (a.) — tyrannical, despotic , absolute, peremptory, unlimited, at will, imperious, positive, optional, discretionary, lawless, irregular, autocratic, uncontrolled, abnormal. To Arbitrate ( v.) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adjudicator
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adjudicator
Click on an item to view that photo:
- The Adjudicator
Breaking the news...
Photo credit: sheilaellen
- Official adjudicator announces world record
Photo credit: Graham Ó Síodhacháin
- Bill the Adjudicator
Pub Quiz Adjudicator/Coordinator
Photo credit: Caomai
- Regan the Adjudicator
Photo credit: rmhowie
- Adjudicator looks on as the boot is loaded
Photo credit: Graham Ó Síodhacháin
Video about Adjudicator
Video shows what adjudicator means. One who adjudicates.. Adjudicator Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say adjudicator.
See also the pronunciation examples of Adjudicator!
Quotes about Adjudicator
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'adjudicator"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1D2J8U1D2I1C3A1T1O1R1
The value of this 11-letter word is 22 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adjudicator to see it in context!