On this page:
- Adlington is a small town and civil parish in Lancashire, England, near the West Pennine Moors and the town of Chorley. Six miles northwest of Bolton, it became a separate parish in 1842 then grew into a town around the textile industry. It has a population of 5,270.
- Adlington is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is known as Eduluintune in the Domesday Book. According to the 2001 census the civil parish had a population of 1,081 people across 401 households. There is a primary school in the village.
There are other places with in their name, like Adlington Hall.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adlington
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Adlington
Dr Adlington thus avoids in-depth technical analysis, focusing instead upon the music's wider cultural significance. Robert Adlington is a Lecturer in Music at the University of ...
The Spenser Encyclopedia (2003)
by A.C. Hamilton
Apuleius' masterpiece, the Metamorphoses, translatedintoEnglish by William Adlington in 1566 as The Golden Asse, is a comic 'novel' involving the ...
by William Cobbett
Northampton' Addington, Kent Admiugton, Gloucester Addle with Ere up, York Atldlethorp, Lincoln Adforton, Hereford Adgnrley , Lancaster Adisham, Kent Adling fleet, York Adlington, Lancaster Adlestrop, Gloucester Adlington, ...
by Nicole V. Gagné
Andriessen, Louis Adlington, Robert. Louis Andriessen: De Staat.
by William Berry
ADLINGTON, sa, a chev. betw. three goats' heads, ar. attired or. (Another, antelopes' heads.) Adlington, [Cheshire,] ar, a cross flory sa. ADLYN, [London, 1590,] gu. nine martlets, three, three, two, and one, or—Crest, on a mount vert, a martlet or. ADMEROLD, [of the round table,] ar. three barrulets, and in chief a lion passant gu. ADOKES, [Lancashire,] ar, a cross sa.. in the first quarter, a fleur-de- lis gu.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adlington
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adlington
Click on an item to view that photo:
- L.J. Adlington
Photo credit: Holy Outlaw
- Becky Adlington
Photo credit: photoverulam
- Adlington, Lancs
Photo credit: EthelRedThePetrolHead
- Adlington Street, Ancoats
Photo credit: Gene Hunt
- Alexandra Wells and Lucy Adlington
Wiscon 35 Photobooth.
Photo credit: Holy Outlaw
- TYR 4R Tyrers of Adlington
Photographed over the weekend of June 28th - July 2nd (it was a long weekend)
Photo credit: mr-bg
View more pictures about Rebecca Adlington.
Video about Adlington
Video shows what Adlington means. a place name. Adlington Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Adlington. Powered by ...
Scrabble value of A1D2L1I1N1G2T1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADLINGTON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adlington!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adlington to see it in context!