On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun administrative body
What does administrative body mean as a name of something?
- a unit with administrative responsibilities
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of administrative body: administrative unit
- more generic terms: social unit / unit = an organization regarded as part of a larger social group
- more specific terms:
- Inland Revenue / IR = a board of the British government that administers and collects major direct taxes
- Ordnance Survey = the official cartography agency of the British government
- division = an administrative unit in government or business
- United Nations agency / UN agency = an agency of the United Nations
- council = a body serving in an administrative capacity
- secretariate / secretariat = an administrative unit responsible for maintaining records and other secretarial duties
- commission / committee = a special group delegated to consider some matter
- government agency / federal agency / authority / agency / bureau / office = an administrative unit of government
- intelligence service / intelligence agency / intelligence = a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
- international law enforcement agency = an international administrative unit responsible for law enforcement
- redevelopment authority = a public administrative unit given responsibility for the renovation of blighted urban areas
- regulatory authority / regulatory agency = a governmental agency that regulates businesses in the public interest
- weather bureau = an administrative unit responsible for gathering and interpreting meteorological data for weather study and forecasts
- placement center / placement office = an office that finds suitable employment for applicants
- child welfare service / child welfare agency = an administrative unit responsible for social work concerned with the welfare and vocational training of children
- Russian agency = an administrative agency of the Russian government
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative Body
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Caryn Hannan
Its most important feature was establishment of the nation's first state Public Health Council, a small, expert administrative body with quasi-legislative power that in effect took public health administration out of politics in New York State. During ...
by Marta Chromá
Subsequently, after administrative proceedings before a competent administrative body have been closed, the victim may sue the violator for compensation in court, ...
by Tony Fitzpatrick, Huck-ju Kwon, Nick Manning, James Midgley, Gillian Pascall
Statute and protocol concerning the executive board must be submitted to the court or state administrative body. The court or the state administrative body examines submitted documents in order to see whether they comply with the legal ...
by Lawrence R. Sullivan, Nancy Y. Liu
Translated as the “Central Research Academy,” Academia Sinica was established as the major administrative body for the Nationalist government during the Republic of China ( ROC) for ...
Encyclopaedia of Occupational Health and Safety: The body, health care, management and policy, tools and approaches (1998)
by Jeanne Mager Stellman
The problem with statistical registration A definition of disability that can be applied universally is impossible, since every country, and practically every administrative body, works with different concepts of disability. Every attempt to measure ...
Encyclopedia Britannica (1922)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
but the Council seems to have become to some extent a separate administrative body. The relation of Boulé and Ecclesia in the Cleisthenic democracy was of the greatest importance. The Ecclesia alone, a heterogeneous body of untrained ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative Body
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Administrative Body
If you need images about Administrative Body for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Administrative Body
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'administrative body"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative Body to find many related words and phrases!