On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun administrative body
What does administrative body mean as a name of something?
- a unit with administrative responsibilities
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of administrative body: administrative unit
- more generic terms: social unit / unit = an organization regarded as part of a larger social group
- more specific terms:
- Inland Revenue / IR = a board of the British government that administers and collects major direct taxes
- Ordnance Survey = the official cartography agency of the British government
- division = an administrative unit in government or business
- United Nations agency / UN agency = an agency of the United Nations
- council = a body serving in an administrative capacity
- secretariate / secretariat = an administrative unit responsible for maintaining records and other secretarial duties
- commission / committee = a special group delegated to consider some matter
- government agency / federal agency / authority / agency / bureau / office = an administrative unit of government
- intelligence service / intelligence agency / intelligence = a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
- international law enforcement agency = an international administrative unit responsible for law enforcement
- redevelopment authority = a public administrative unit given responsibility for the renovation of blighted urban areas
- regulatory authority / regulatory agency = a governmental agency that regulates businesses in the public interest
- weather bureau = an administrative unit responsible for gathering and interpreting meteorological data for weather study and forecasts
- placement center / placement office = an office that finds suitable employment for applicants
- child welfare service / child welfare agency = an administrative unit responsible for social work concerned with the welfare and vocational training of children
- Russian agency = an administrative agency of the Russian government
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative Body
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Marta Chromá
Subsequently, after administrative proceedings before a competent administrative body have been closed, the victim may sue the violator for compensation in court, ...
by Tony Fitzpatrick, Huck-ju Kwon, Nick Manning, James Midgley, Gillian Pascall
Statute and protocol concerning the executive board must be submitted to the court or state administrative body. The court or the state administrative body examines submitted documents in order to see whether they comply with the legal ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
stewardship Administrative assistant to commanding officer—adjutant Administrative body—quango Administrative body of the subdivision of a diocese —parish council Administrative division of a country—province Administrative division of a ...
by Luciana Duranti, Patricia C. Franks
The Concept According to the archival theory, the archival fonds is the whole of the records that every administrative body, ...
by Mathurin C. Houngnikpo, Samuel Decalo
—the highest administrative body in Benin. On the provincial level, six Conseil Provincial de la Révolution (CPR) were set up to assist and advise the prefect, with the assistance of the Conseil Regional pour le Devel— oppement et la ...
by Bryant G. Garth
Sometimes disputes are referred to an administrative body for attempted solution in ...
by Phillip C. Naylor
A departmental administrative body in French Algeria. Muslim representatives were eventually appointed to the conseils but had minority representation. The Clemenceau reforms raised the colonized Algerian membership from 18 to 29.
Multilingual Law Dictionary (1979)
by Lawrence Deems Egbert, Fernando Morales Macedo
administrative body 894. atom, atomic, bomb corps ...
Encyclopedia of Ukraine (2016)
Volume V: St-Z by Danylo Husar Struk
A higher administrative body set up in January 1919 by the Provisional Workers' and Peasants' Government of Ukraine. The vsiu collaborated with the People's Commissariat of State Control (NKDK); both were headed by M. Skrypnyk.
by Patrick Holden
WTO Secretariat The Secretariat is the permanent administrative body of the WTO. It has a staff of over 600, based in Geneva, Switzerland. As with all such bodies, its role is to act as the institutional memory and provide basic administrative ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative Body
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Administrative Body
If you need images about Administrative Body for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Administrative Body
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'administrative body"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative Body to find many related words and phrases!