On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun administrative district
What does administrative district mean as a name of something?
- a district defined for administrative purposes
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of administrative district: administrative division / territorial division
- more generic terms: district / dominion / territorial dominion / territory = a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- more specific terms:
- borough = one of the administrative divisions of a large city
- canton = a small administrative division of a country
- city = an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- commune = the smallest administrative district of several European countries
- country / state / land = the territory occupied by a nation
- county = the largest administrative district within a state
- county palatine = the territory of a count palatine
- department = the territorial and administrative division of some countries
- federal district = a district set apart as the seat of government of a federation
- reservation / reserve = a district that is reserved for particular purpose
- school district = a district whose public schools are administered together
- shire = a former administrative district of England
- municipality = an urban district having corporate status and powers of self-government
- prefecture = the district administered by a prefect
- province / state = the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- township / town = an administrative division of a county
- ward = a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative District
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Om Gupta
Gadchiroli District : Gadchiroli District is an administrative district in Maharashtra, India. It is one of the most underdeveloped districts of India. The town of Gadchiroli is the administrative headquarters of the district. The district is situated in the ...
by Geoffrey C. Gunn
A large administrative district straddling the north and south coasts, Manatuto is made up of the following sub-districts: Laclo, Manatuto, and Laleia on the north coast; Barique on the south coast; and Laclubar and soibada in the interior.
by M.H. Syed
Today, the administrative district is the main unit of local administration. Each province is divided into two or three administrative districts. Overall, there are twenty-four districts throughout the island. Each of the districts has a set of government ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
running, superintendence, supervision administration of justice judicature, jurisdiction administrative citadel of South Africa Pretoria administrative department secretariat administrative district county administrative region in France Aquitaine ...
by Ludwig W. Adamec
Charikar is a town and district with about 157,000 inhabitants located at the mouth of the Ghorband River about 40 miles north of Kabul, and an administrative district with an area of 73 square miles in Parwan Province. At the turn of the century ...
by Patrick Peebles
with the intention of creating one council for every administrative district. They had powers supposedly transferred from the ...
by Bruce M. Lockhart, William J. Duiker
Located in the lower Red River Delta around the city of C0 Loa, not far from present—day Hanoi, Tay Vu became an administrative district during the Au Lac and Nam Viét periods. The area was one of considerable political importance and ...
by Piotr Wróbel
The populationofevery administrative district elected its National Council (Rada Narodowa), which ...
by J. D. Douglas, Merrill C. Tenney
It is probably the same as ELON BETHHANAN, which was part of Solomon's second administrative district (1 Ki. 4:9). The town was on the coastal plain, E of JOPPA (cf. Jdg. 19:46). Its precise location is uncertain, though some have identified ...
Revised Full-Color Edition
A town in the territory of DAN that was part of SOLOMON's second administrative district (1 Ki. 4:9). The SEPTUAGINT understands the ...
having a chief administrative officer or board c : an electoral and administrative district of a county in the southern U.S. 2 : an area in the Republic of South Africa established to segregate persons of non-European descent trading ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative District
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Administrative District
Click on an item to view that photo:
Neuruppin /administrative district office
Photo credit: www.itineri.de
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative District to find many related words and phrases!