On this page:
Definition of the noun administrative division
What does administrative division mean as a name of something?
- a district defined for administrative purposes
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of administrative division: administrative district / territorial division
- more generic terms: district / dominion / territorial dominion / territory = a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- more specific terms:
- borough = one of the administrative divisions of a large city
- canton = a small administrative division of a country
- city = an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- commune = the smallest administrative district of several European countries
- country / state / land = the territory occupied by a nation
- county = the largest administrative district within a state
- county palatine = the territory of a count palatine
- department = the territorial and administrative division of some countries
- federal district = a district set apart as the seat of government of a federation
- reservation / reserve = a district that is reserved for particular purpose
- school district = a district whose public schools are administered together
- shire = a former administrative district of England
- municipality = an urban district having corporate status and powers of self-government
- prefecture = the district administered by a prefect
- province / state = the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- township / town = an administrative division of a county
- ward = a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
The administrative division that this is a capital of.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative division
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Complete Digest of the Records of All the Countries of the Western Hemisphere by Christina K. Schaefer
was the next administrative division under ...
An Encyclopedia of Life in the Republic by John J. Crocitti, Monique Vallance
Administrative Structure of Government/Federalism The Constitution of 1988 is the supreme law of the Federative Republic of Brazil and establishes a political- administrative division consisting of a central governing authority (the Union) and ...
Volume 32 - United Kingdom: National Film Archive to Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour, Jay E. Daily
Administrative Division The Administrative Division has four departments: Administration, with its Personnel Office; Cultural Extension; Financing Administration, with its Supplies, Treasury, and Accounting Offices; and Maintenance, with its ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
stewardship Administrative assistant to commanding officer—adjutant Administrative body—quango Administrative body of the subdivision of a diocese —parish council Administrative division of a country—province Administrative division of a ...
by Alan J. K. Sanders
Administrative division. Mongolia's territory is divided administratively into the capital and 21 aimag, or provinces. The 21 aimag are divided into rural districts, or sum. The aimag of Inner Mongolia are usually called leagues. The word aimag ...
An Encyclopedia by Huping Ling, Allan W. Austin
Organizationally, it includes a Political Division, a Congressional Liaison Division , a Consular Division, an Administrative Division, a Press Division, a Cultural Division, an Economic Division, a Science and Technology Division, a Defense ...
by John F. Copper
The CCNAA was divided into 10 divisions: the Secretariat, which handled political and governmental matters; the Service Division, which took visa and passport applications; the Administrative Division, which handled housekeeping; the ...
Within each prefecture, the local police separate the police function into an administrative division, a criminal investigation division, a traffic division, a patrol division, a security division, and a communications division. Under the patrol division ...
The Authoritative Resource on the Christian World by George Kurian
Administrative division of a particular Roman Catholic diocese or archdiocese. 2. Group of members of an Eastern rite in communion with the pope who are subject to the personal jurisdiction of an appointed prelate. 3. Body of Roman Catholic ...
by John F. Clark, Samuel Decalo
The country's borders were forged by the competition of French explorers in Central Africa with those of other countries, especially Belgium, and by France's administrative division of its Central African possessions.
by Homero E. Martinez
The administrative division of a country into smaller units with significant delegated powers. Registered Luggage (Airlines): Baggage that travels in the same flight as the passenger, free of charge if it fits into the ...
by K. Bradley Penuel, Matt Statler
The administrative division houses the office of the fire chief, along with necessary support functions such as human resources, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative division
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Administrative division
If you need images about Administrative division for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative division to find many related words and phrases!