On this page:
Definition of the noun administrative division
What does administrative division mean as a name of something?
- a district defined for administrative purposes
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of administrative division: administrative district / territorial division
- more generic terms: district / dominion / territorial dominion / territory = a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- more specific terms:
- borough = one of the administrative divisions of a large city
- canton = a small administrative division of a country
- city = an incorporated administrative district established by state charter
- commune = the smallest administrative district of several European countries
- country / state / land = the territory occupied by a nation
- county = the largest administrative district within a state
- county palatine = the territory of a count palatine
- department = the territorial and administrative division of some countries
- federal district = a district set apart as the seat of government of a federation
- reservation / reserve = a district that is reserved for particular purpose
- school district = a district whose public schools are administered together
- shire = a former administrative district of England
- municipality = an urban district having corporate status and powers of self-government
- prefecture = the district administered by a prefect
- province / state = the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- township / town = an administrative division of a county
- ward = a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
The administrative division that this is a capital of.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative division
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Complete Digest of the Records of All the Countries of the Western Hemisphere by Christina K. Schaefer
was the next administrative division under ...
An Encyclopedia of Life in the Republic by John J. Crocitti, Monique Vallance
Administrative Structure of Government/Federalism The Constitution of 1988 is the supreme law of the Federative Republic of Brazil and establishes a political- administrative division consisting of a central governing authority (the Union) and ...
Volume 41 - Supplement 6: Applied Behavioral Science to Wales: National Library of by Allen Kent
Administrative Division, Research and Legislative Reference Department, Acquisitions and Processing Division, Serials Division, Circulation ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
stewardship Administrative assistant to commanding officer—adjutant Administrative body—quango Administrative body of the subdivision of a diocese —parish council Administrative division of a country—province Administrative division of a ...
Administrative Division, Bureau of Factory Inspection; Supervising Inspectors of Districts Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5; Division of Mercantile Inspection; Division of, Home -work Inspection; Bureau, of Industrial Code; Division of Industrial Hygiene; ...
by Salvatore Bizzarro
An administrative division of a colony, instituted in the late 18th century, designed to relieve the viceroys of such matters as the supervision of financial and military affairs. The competence of the intendencia extended to the departments of ...
by Abdourahmane Idrissa, Samuel Decalo
In 1998, the 36 arrondissements then extant were erected into départements, the upper level administrative division, while the départernents became regions. Arrondissements became thin administrative units, rather irrelevant as ...
by Harvey F. Kline
The administrative division is made up of six members elected for a period of eight years (one by the Constitutional Court, two by the Supreme Court, and three by the Council of State). The disciplinary division has seven members, elected for ...
by Alan J. K. Sanders
Administrative division. Mongolia's territory is divided administratively into the capital and 21 aimag, or provinces. The 21 aimag are divided into rural districts, or sum. The aimag of Inner Mongolia are usually called leagues. The word aimag ...
An Encyclopedia by Huping Ling, Allan W. Austin
Organizationally, it includes a Political Division, a Congressional Liaison Division , a Consular Division, an Administrative Division, a Press Division, a Cultural Division, an Economic Division, a Science and Technology Division, a Defense ...
by John F. Copper
The CCNAA was divided into 10 divisions: the Secretariat, which handled political and governmental matters; the Service Division, which took visa and passport applications; the Administrative Division, which handled housekeeping; the ...
Mongolian English Dictionary (2013)
division, allotment, apportionment, placement, Hoon - Subdivision, 3acar 3axwpraahBI - administrative division, xene IMephith - division of labour 2. denominator (math.) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative division
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Administrative division
If you need images about Administrative division for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative division to find many related words and phrases!