On this page:
Definition of the noun administrative official
What does administrative official mean as a name of something?
- an official of a bureaucracy
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of administrative official: bureaucrat
- more generic words: functionary / official = a worker who holds or is invested with an office
- more specific terms:
- bean counter = an accountant or bureaucrat who is believed to place undue emphasis on the control of expenditures
- paper-pusher = a clerk or bureaucrat who does paperwork
- procurator = someone employed by the Roman Emperor to manage finance and taxes
- tax assessor / assessor = an official who evaluates property for the purpose of taxing it
- collector of internal revenue / internal revenue agent / tax collector / exciseman / taxman = someone who collects taxes for the government
- taxer = a bureaucrat who levies taxes
Administrative official is a fictional character from the 2011 film Romantic Heaven.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative official
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
APR-DRG AO: administrative official AO: at occupation AOA: Administration on Aging AOA: American Optometric Association AOA: American Osteopathic Association AOB: alcohol on breath AOB: assignment of benefits AOC: administrator ...
by John E. Findling, Kimberly D. Pelle
The chief administrative official of the USOC is the executive director. Elected by a majority vote of the board, the executive director is awarded a salary and benefits package and, ...
Dictionary of Politics (1992)
Selected American and Foreign Political and Legal Terms by Walter John Raymond
No specific chief administrative official or agency in charge of function (a) Chief administrative official or agency in charge of function: (a- 1) Lieutenant governor ( a-2) Secretary of state (ail Attorney general (a-4) Treasurer (a-5) Adjutant general ...
by Mark Allan Powell
a name apparently identifying an administrative official who served under both David and Rehoboam, although some scholars believe that there were, in fact, ...
by Richard Leslie Hill
NAZIR 'UMUM has also a regional connotation as a subordinate salaried administrative official in the Jazira. PASHA (Turk., of disputed derivation), BASHA (Arab.). The highest title in the Ottoman and Egyptian court hierarchy. There were four ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1913)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Charles George Herbermann
This circumstance did not, however, constitute the treasurer a household official, or the Prafectus Sacri Palatii an administrative official; the Majordomo is, and has always been, exclusively a household official. A complete list of the occupants ...
Hist'Tieal sutxlit isioiis have been replaced by artificial areas, and local self government is superseded by a centralised admlnirtratloa- The power of the higher administrative official* to issue ordinance* for the purine of supplementing the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative official
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative official to find many related words and phrases!