On this page:
Definition of the noun administrative unit
What does administrative unit mean as a name of something?
- a unit with administrative responsibilities
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of administrative unit: administrative body
- more generic terms: social unit / unit = an organization regarded as part of a larger social group
- more specific terms:
- Inland Revenue / IR = a board of the British government that administers and collects major direct taxes
- Ordnance Survey = the official cartography agency of the British government
- division = an administrative unit in government or business
- United Nations agency / UN agency = an agency of the United Nations
- council = a body serving in an administrative capacity
- secretariate / secretariat = an administrative unit responsible for maintaining records and other secretarial duties
- commission / committee = a special group delegated to consider some matter
- government agency / federal agency / authority / agency / bureau / office = an administrative unit of government
- intelligence service / intelligence agency / intelligence = a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
- international law enforcement agency = an international administrative unit responsible for law enforcement
- redevelopment authority = a public administrative unit given responsibility for the renovation of blighted urban areas
- regulatory authority / regulatory agency = a governmental agency that regulates businesses in the public interest
- weather bureau = an administrative unit responsible for gathering and interpreting meteorological data for weather study and forecasts
- placement center / placement office = an office that finds suitable employment for applicants
- child welfare service / child welfare agency = an administrative unit responsible for social work concerned with the welfare and vocational training of children
- Russian agency = an administrative agency of the Russian government
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative Unit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tim Zurick
administrative unit • 5 ADF Automatic direction finder (AVN) ADIZ Air Defense Identification Zone (AD) adjusted elevation Increase or decrease in a gun's angle (ARTY) adjusted range Range resulting from adjusted elevation (ARTY) adjutant ...
by Ivan Katchanovski, Zenon E. Kohut, Bohdan Y. Nebesio, Myroslav Yurkevich
Administrative unit created by the tsarist government as a military district for defense against the Ottoman Empire and the Crimean Khanate (1764). It consisted of New Serbia, Sloviano-Serbia, the Ukrainian Line, ...
by Edward Samuel Farrow
Administrative Unit. — The smallest subdivision of an army with a ...
by Dan Connell, Tom Killion
with the village remaining the smallest administrative unit. Regional administrators, equivalent to former provincial governors, are ...
by Jivanta Schottli, Subrata K. Mitra, Siegried Wolf
In this administrative framework, the inhabited islands form the lowest administrative unit, Atolls acting as the intermediate unit leading to the central government, which, at the apex, comprises a number of departments and various ministries, ...
by Shatrughna P. Sinha
Hence arises the necessity to adjust such areal data for the variable area of the administrative unit itself— an adjustment that has not always been made. Thus Chisholm (1960) criticises Dickinson's (1 957) discussion of commuting patterns in ...
by Jean Michaud, Margaret Byrne Swain, Meenaxi Barkataki-Ruscheweyh
is the official term for the smallest territorial administrative unit, the village. Several ban together form a tasseng (subdistrict). In Thailand, that smallest administrative unit, the mooban (หมบาน), is semantically related to ban ...
Dictionary of Vedanta (2002)
by Samir Nath
But the importance of the village as a political institution, at least as an administrative unit cannot be denied. The king's share in a village is clearly stated in the AV. and this fact is admitted by the learned scholars. If so, it proves the role of the ...
by Rogers, Patricia L.
The Administrative Unit Main Menu of the system (See Figure 2). This unit provides student users with a series of modules, each of which providing training in one specific skill. It also offers a number of tools to complement the study skills ...
for IT, Industrial, and Scientific Applications by Jakob Vlietstra
Transformation Unit Accumulator Track Write abstract type Attention Restore configuration profile from nonvolatile RAM Access Unit Adaptive Unit Adder Unit Additional Use Administrative Unit Angstrom Unit Arithmetic Unit Astronomical Unit ...
by Kevin Shillington
It was the largest administrative unit in Africa, with a total area of 1.8 million square miles. Until 1891, the largely desert region (generally known as the Western Sudan) was under the control of army officers largely independent of the nominal ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1913)
Everybody's Book of Reference ... by Frank Moore Colby, George Sandeman
The regiment is the administrative unit, organized into three tactical units called squadrons of four troops each, with a major commanding. The peace strength of a regiment consists of 50 officers and 876 enlisted men, differing from an infantry ...
by Maqbool Ahmad
Administrative unit. Means a management entity for a geographic area, which for specified public school purposes, is under the control of board of education and the supervision of one or more administrative officers. • A subsection within a ...
by Larry E Sullivan, Marie Simonetti Rosen, Dorothy M Schulz, M. R. Haberfeld
The Czech police force has the following general divisions: • Disciplinary Unit • Criminal Unit • Traffic Unit • Administrative Unit • Security Guards Unit • Unit for Fighting Corruption and Serious Economic Crimes • Foreign and Border Unit • Swat ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative Unit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Administrative Unit
VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = administrative unit
View more videos about Local administrative unit.
See also the pronunciation examples of Administrative Unit!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative Unit to find many related words and phrases!