On this page:
Definition of the noun administrative unit
What does administrative unit mean as a name of something?
- a unit with administrative responsibilities
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of administrative unit: administrative body
- more generic terms: social unit / unit = an organization regarded as part of a larger social group
- more specific terms:
- Inland Revenue / IR = a board of the British government that administers and collects major direct taxes
- Ordnance Survey = the official cartography agency of the British government
- division = an administrative unit in government or business
- United Nations agency / UN agency = an agency of the United Nations
- council = a body serving in an administrative capacity
- secretariate / secretariat = an administrative unit responsible for maintaining records and other secretarial duties
- commission / committee = a special group delegated to consider some matter
- government agency / federal agency / authority / agency / bureau / office = an administrative unit of government
- intelligence service / intelligence agency / intelligence = a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
- international law enforcement agency = an international administrative unit responsible for law enforcement
- redevelopment authority = a public administrative unit given responsibility for the renovation of blighted urban areas
- regulatory authority / regulatory agency = a governmental agency that regulates businesses in the public interest
- weather bureau = an administrative unit responsible for gathering and interpreting meteorological data for weather study and forecasts
- placement center / placement office = an office that finds suitable employment for applicants
- child welfare service / child welfare agency = an administrative unit responsible for social work concerned with the welfare and vocational training of children
- Russian agency = an administrative agency of the Russian government
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Administrative Unit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tim Zurick
administrative unit • 5 ADF Automatic direction finder (AVN) ADIZ Air Defense Identification Zone (AD) adjusted elevation Increase or decrease in a gun's angle (ARTY) adjusted range Range resulting from adjusted elevation (ARTY) adjutant ...
by Ivan Katchanovski, Zenon E. Kohut, Bohdan Y. Nebesio, Myroslav Yurkevich
Administrative unit created by the tsarist government as a military district for defense against the Ottoman Empire and the Crimean Khanate (1764). It consisted of New Serbia, Sloviano-Serbia, the Ukrainian Line, ...
by Dan Connell, Tom Killion
with the village remaining the smallest administrative unit. Regional administrators, equivalent to former provincial governors, are ...
by Larry E Sullivan, Marie Simonetti Rosen, Dorothy M Schulz, M. R. Haberfeld
The Czech police force has the following general divisions: • Disciplinary Unit • Criminal Unit • Traffic Unit • Administrative Unit • Security Guards Unit • Unit for Fighting Corruption and Serious Economic Crimes • Foreign and Border Unit • Swat ...
by Jivanta Schottli, Subrata K. Mitra, Siegried Wolf
In this administrative framework, the inhabited islands form the lowest administrative unit, Atolls acting as the intermediate unit leading to the central government, which, at the apex, comprises a number of departments and various ministries, ...
by Shatrughna P. Sinha
Hence arises the necessity to adjust such areal data for the variable area of the administrative unit itself— an adjustment that has not always been made. Thus Chisholm (1960) criticises Dickinson's (1 957) discussion of commuting patterns in ...
by Luciana Duranti, Patricia C. Franks
In France, the term fonds d'archives was used to indicate the body of records from an administrative unit, with the fonds representing “any subordinate office that kept records, no matter how small” (Holmes 1964, 26). In Great Britain, Hilary ...
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT. The problem of developing an adequate administrative unit for the public schools of rural areas in terms of modern needs focuses attention on the county superin- tendency or corresponding office found in some form ...
by Henry He
danwei ̄ (administrative unit ), ...
Dictionary of Vedanta (2002)
by Samir Nath
But the importance of the village as a political institution, at least as an administrative unit cannot be denied. The king's share in a village is clearly stated in the AV. and this fact is admitted by the learned scholars. If so, it proves the role of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Administrative Unit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Administrative Unit
VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = administrative unit
View more videos about Local administrative unit.
See also the pronunciation examples of Administrative Unit!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Administrative Unit to find many related words and phrases!