On this page:
"Admiral Nakhimov" is a 1947 Soviet film directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, based on the life of Russian Admiral Pavel Nakhimov. In 1946 Pudovkin, Golovnya, Lukovsky, Kryukov, Dikiy, Simonov, and Knyazev received the Stalin Prize.
- also known as Admiral Nachimow, Admirál Nachimov, Amiraali Nahimov, Amiral Nakhimov, L'ammiraglio Nachimov, Svarta havets hjälte
- country: Soviet Union
- language: Russian Language
- production design by Arnold Vaisfeld, Vladimir Yegorov, Mikhail Yuferov
- written by Igor Lukovsky
- Aleksei Dikiy as Adm. Nakhimov
- Yevgeny Samoylov as Lt. Burunov
- Vladimir Vladislavsky as Capt. Lavrov
- Vsevolod Pudovkin as Prince Menshikov
- Nikolai Chaplygin as Kornilov
- Vasili Kovrigin as Baranovsky
- Pyotr Sobolevsky as Ostreno
- Leonid Knyazev as Pyotr Koshka
- Aleksandr Khokhlov as Napoléon III
- Ruben Simonov as Pasha Osman
- cinematography by Anatoli Golovnya & Tamara Lobova
- music by Nikolai Kryukov
- costume design by Vasili Kovrigin
- genre: Drama
- released in (69 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Admiral Nakhimov
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia Americana (1904)
A universal reference library comprising the arts and sciences ... commerce, etc., of the world by George Edwin Rines, Frederick Converse Beach
Thus it will be seen that the Russian loss foots up as follows: Sunk — six battleships, the Sissoi Veliki, Borodino, Kniaz Suvarov, Alexander III, Oslyabya, and Navarin; three armored cruisers, the Dmitri Domskoi, Admiral Nakhimov, and Vladimir ...
The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Spencer C. Tucker
The renamed Admiral Nakhimov sank after a collision at sea in 1986 in which 423 passengers and crew were lost. Two of the greatest marine disasters of the war involved former German hospital ships and occurred within days of each other.
Dictionary of Film Makers (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Admiral Nakhimov (46), Tri vstrechi / Three Encounters (48) (co-dir: Yutkevich and Ptushko), Joukovsky (50), Vozvrash - chenie Vassiliya Bortnikova/The Return of Vassili Bortnikov /The Harvest* (53).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Admiral Nakhimov
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Admiral Nakhimov for some fun with words!