The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun admission:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun admission
- Phrases with Admission
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Admission
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Admission
- Photos about Admission
- Video language resources about Admission
- Quotes about Admission
- Scrabble value of A1D2M3I1S1S1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of ADMISSION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun admission
What does admission mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: admissions
- the act of admitting someone to enter
- example: the surgery was performed on his second admission to the clinic
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of admission: admittance
- more generic words: entering / entrance / entry / incoming / ingress = the act of entering
- more specific words:
- an acknowledgment of the truth of something
- the fee charged for admission
- the right to enter
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of admission: access / accession / admittance / entree
- more generic word: right = an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature
- more specific word: door = anything providing a means of access
Alternative definition of the noun admission
- The act or practice of admitting.
- Power or permission to enter; admittance; entrance; access; power to approach.
- The granting of an argument or position not fully proved; the act of acknowledging something asserted; acknowledgment; concession.
- [legal] Acquiescence or concurrence in a statement made by another, and distinguishable from a confession in that an admission presupposes prior inquiry by another, but a confession may be made without such inquiry.
- A fact, point, or statement admitted; as, admission made out of court are received in evidence
- [British, ecclesiastical legal] Declaration of the bishop that he approves of the presentee as a fit person to serve the cure of the church to which he is presented.
- The cost or fee associated with attendance or entry.
"Admission" is a 2013 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Paul Weitz and starring Tina Fey and Paul Rudd. The film was released in the United States and Canada on March 22, 2013. It is an adaptation of a novel by Jean Hanff Korelitz, also called Admission.
- also known as Odbijeno Primljeno, Prijemni, 愛在招生部, 招生部
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- Paul Rudd as John Pressman
- Tina Fey as Portia Nathan
- Nat Wolff as Jeremiah
- Ann Harada as Mrs. Lafont
- Ben Levin as Junior Lafont
- Daniel Levy as James
- Maggie Keenan-Bolger as Girl on Tour
- Gloria Reuben as Corinne
- Wallace Shawn as Clarence
- Elaine Kussack as Abby
- Christopher Evan Welch as Brandt
- Michael Genadry as Ben
- Juliet Brett as Praying Applicant
- John Brodsky as Smug Kid
- Camille Branton as Gymnast
- Sarita Choudhury as Rachael
- Michael Sheen as Mark
- Ken Barnett as Admissions Counselor
- Travis Bratten as Quest Student #1
- Tanisha T Long as Quest Student #2
- Nadia Alexander as Quest Student #3
- Karen Pham as Quest Student #4
- Travaris Spears as Nelson
- Lily Tomlin as Susannah
- Rob Campbell as Richard
- Sonya Walger as Helen
- Aleksander Krupa as Polokov
- Robert Sobieski as Makeout Guy
- Lauren Schaffel as Student at Party #1
- Brian Charles Johnson as Student at Party #2
- Lipica Shah as Student at Party #3
- Jarod Einsohn as Keg Guy
- Caliaf St. Aubyn as Keg Guy's Friend
- Zita Geoffroy as Tour Group Mom
- Laura Jordan as Woman
- Sarah Quinn as Young Mother
- Jason Blaj as Supermarket Kid
- Zachary Unger as Jeremiah
- Lisa Emery as Mrs. Pressman
- Mihran Slougian as Jeremiah's Dad
- Lynne Taylor as Jeremiah's Mom
- Brian d'Arcy James as Christopher Flynn
- Leigha Hancock as Yulia Karasov
- David Simins as A Capella Singer #1
- Brad Wilson as A Capella Singer #2
- Ryan McCarty as A Capella Singer #3
- Krishna Choudhary as A Capella Singer #4
- Ricky Jones as A Capella Singer #5
- Thomas Merckens as A Capella Singer #6
- Alan Robert Southworth as A Capella Singer #7
- cinematography by Declan Quinn
- music by Stephen Trask
- genre: Comedy
- released on
- official website: www.focusfeatures.com/admission
"Admission" is a book by Travis Thrasher.
"Admission" is a musical album of The Black Swan Effect.
Admission: An admission in the law of evidence is a prior statement by an adverse party which can be admitted into evidence over a hearsay objection. In general, admissions are admissible in criminal and civil cases.
Phrases with Admission
Phrases starting with the word Admission:
Phrases ending with the word Admission:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Admission
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by United States. Patent Office
adapted to traverse said chamber and to move outwardly to permit of the passage of said piston vane during rotation of said rotary element, one of said valves being arranged between said admission means and said exhaust means, and one ...
Mourning Secular Futures by Ananda Abeysekara
Then, perhaps, the atheists' admission is that the normalized and legalized status , and indeed the identity, of the motto on the currency makes it difficult for the secularists to appeal to law to recognize its unconstitutionality. What is interesting ...
THE FREE ADMISSION. A FREE Admission is the lotos of the mind: the leaf in which your name ...
Theory, Research and Practice by Michiel van Vreeswijk, Jenny Broersen, Marjon Nadort
A voluntarily admission is a good option that allows patients to have a safe place in the short term. Challenging dysfunctional assumptions / thoughts The tracking and correction of problems that underlie faulty interpretations is a recurring ...
The credential required for special admission is a statement of good standing from the high school or college ...
Grants, Loans, Scholarships, And Financial Aid -- All You Need To Fund Higher Education by Nathan Brown, Sheryle A. Proper
An early decision admission is a little more restrictive, as it is binding for both the school and the applicant. This means that you and the school have a contractual agreement that you are not only admitted, you will definitely attend.
With Tables of the Names of the Cases and Principal Matters by Great Britain. Court of King's Bench, Edward Hyde East
by the mere admittance of the lord, without the grant of the tenant, the freehold may remain in the lord : but not where it passes by the grant of the tenant, and the *admission is a mere recognition * ...
by Henrik Bekker
Admission is a pricey €10 and is not covered by museum passes. The two other museums in the Schloss are both ...
A Compendious Law Dictionary ... New edition, revised, corrected, and enlarged to the present time [by T. H. Horne]. (1813)
by Thomas POTTS (of Chiswick.)
Admission of any master in ordinary in chancery, or as one of the six clerks, or one of the cursitors in England; or as a sworn clerk, side clerk, clerk in court, or other clerk or officer whatsoever, in any court in Great Britain, who must necessarily ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
ADMISSION: The process of administrative registration for a patient in need of in- patient or outpatient medical care services. ADMISSION CERTIFICATION: A method of assuring that only those patients who need hospital care are admitted.
Handbook of the Global Trade Community Includes 21 Key Appendices by Edward G. Hinkelman
Adresse adresse direccibn, domicilio adjustment Anpassung, Berichtigung ajustement reajuste, correccion admission tempo- raire/temporary admission ( ATA) vorubergehende Einfuhr admission temporaire (ATA) admisibn temporal admitted ...
A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States of America, and of the Several States of the American Union (2004)
With References to the Civil and Other Systems of Foreign Law by John Bouvier
ADMISSION, in corporations or companies, is the act of the corporation or company by which an individual acquires the rights of a member of such corporation or company. In trading and joint stock corporations no vote of admission is requisite ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Admission
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Admission
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: tomcensani
You can tell he did it just by looking at him.
Photo credit: polandeze
Photo credit: kathrin_mezger
View from the main enterance of the Strawbery Banke Museum. It was a dark, moonless, night and very cold.
Photo credit: rickpilot_2000
Taken with Contax T3, Kodak T-Max 400
Photo credit: mk_is_here
Admission sign at Fun Spot USA in Kissimmee, Florida.
Photo credit: Sam Howzit
View more pictures about General Admission.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Admission
Click on an item to play that video:
- "admission" definition
- Admission Meaning
Video shows what admission means. The act or practice of admitting.. Power or permission to enter; admittance; entrance; access; power to approach.
- Vocab Root : Affinity (by.... Bright Tutor)Vocabulary for GAT Onet Admission
Vocabulary for GAT Onet Admission.
- Vocab Root : Afflict (by... Bright Tutor)Vocabulary for GAT Onet Admission
Vocabulary for GAT Onet Admission.
- What Is The Definition Of Admission Medical Dictionary Free Online
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = temporary admission
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = admission to examinations
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = admission of aliens
- GODFORY SENISIBLE conversation & explanation re ILLEGAL admission by elmhurst
- English Lecture on Noun:Varsity Admission Bangladesh
"LearnLive" is an hub for tutorial and remote learning . specially prepared for those who face varsity admission in south Asia and Bangladesh as well.
- Register Your Admission for the ESL Academy
- Dictionary: Admission
Meaning of the word Admission.
- What Is The Definition Of Admission Medical Dictionary Free Online
- Dual language Schools Admission Ap for new arrivals
This LinguaTAB ap helps teachers to make home assessments for children whose parents do not speak any English. This is very good for record keeping and ...
- Chen Keyi- Mercersburg-ESL admission video
- DMA Admission Application - Foreign Language Study and Background
View more videos about Request For Admission.
See also the pronunciation examples of Admission!
Quotes about Admission
Scrabble value of A1D2M3I1S1S1I1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADMISSION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Admission!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Admission to see it in context!