On this page:
Who is Adolf Furtwängler?
Adolf Furtwängler was a famous German archaeologist, teacher, art historian and museum director. He was the father of the conductor Wilhelm Furtwängler and grandfather of the German archaeologist Andreas Furtwängler.
- also known as Adolf Furtwangler
- born on (162 years ago) in Freiburg im Breisgau
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Archaeologist
- Marriage with Adelheid Wendt
- parent of Wilhelm Furtwängler
- died on (108 years ago) in Athens
- buried in First Cemetery of Athens
- written works: "Greek & Roman sculpture", "Masterpieces of Greek sculpture"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adolf Furtwängler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nancy Thomson de Grummond
Furtwängler, ®Adolf Furtwängler, ̄ in Briggs¦Calder, 84¥92; R. Lullies in Archäologenbildnisse, 110¥11. WILLIAM M.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adolf Furtwängler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: