On this page:
- Definition of the adjective adopted
- Definition of the verb adopted
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adopted
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adopted
- Photos about Adopted
- Video language resources about Adopted
- Quotes about Adopted
- Scrabble value of A1D2O1P3T1E1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective adopted
What does adopted mean as an attribute of a noun?
- acquired as your own by free choice
Definition of the verb adopted
What does adopted mean as a doing word?
- past of adopt
- "Adopted" is a 2009 American independent film starring comedian Pauly Shore. It is a mockumentary "in which [Pauly] plays himself going to Africa to adopt a child, à la Madonna and Angelina Jolie." The film marks Shore's third turn as a writer, director, and producer.
- "Adopted": Of the 1.5 million adopted children in the United States, international adoptees are the fastest growing segment – and the most adopted segment within that group are Asian girls. While many of their stories are heartwarming and play into our self-image of American compassion and generosity, the realities are much more complex.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adopted
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Four Waifs on our Doorstep (2015)
by Trisha Merry
'Well, being adopted means having a new start. And that means having new names as well, if you want. But you don't have to. Or you could change it just a bit, so you could be Hamish Mackay Merry if you don't want to lose your old names.
by Laura Kaminker
Being adopted also means that you will most likely not know who your birth parents are, unless your adoptive parents know who they are or you search for them. And searching does not always mean you will find them. Knowing that you may ...
Encyclopedia of Toxicology (2005)
by Bruce Anderson, Ann de Peyster, Shayne C. Gad, P.J. Bert Hakkinen, Michael Kamrin, Betty Locey, Harihara M. Mehendale, Carey Pope, Lee Shugart
Toxicokinetics (updated guideline, adopted April 4, 1984) 418 Delayed Neurotoxicity of Organophosphorus...
by Donna Couchenour, J. Kent Chrisman
Census, approximately 2% of American children are adopted. Parents adopt for a variety of reasons. Highly qualified early childhood staff accept these parents as sincere, dedicated parents, just like other parents ...
by Santosh C. Saha
Political Rights (Adopted by General Assembly, December) 1967 Declaration on Territorial Asylum (Adopted by UN General Assembly, December) 1968 Proclamation of Teheran (Proclaimed by the International Conference on Human Rights, ...
by Ejub Kajan
Adopted by ISO/IEC as the ISO/IEC8802-1 standard. – 802.2 defines the operation of the LLC sublayer, making it transparent to upper layers. In particular, framing, addressing and error control are specified. Adopted by ISO/IEC as the ...
by Sir David Brewster
\-Y- Table shewing the Principal AEras adopted by different Nations for determining the order of Dates. N Years of the - ames of the Vulgar or Abridged method o AEras. co- of o: them. Remarks. Creation of the 4004 B. C. A. M. A According to ...
by Edmund Jan Osmańczyk, Anthony Mango
The issue came to a head in the 1980s, when several regular budgets of the UN were adopted by majorities consisting of countries that together contributed only a small fraction of the budget assessments. This situation jeopardized the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adopted
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adopted
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adopted
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Adopted!
Quotes about Adopted
Scrabble value of A1D2O1P3T1E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adopted to see it in context!