The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun adoration:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun adoration
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adoration
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adoration
- Photos about Adoration
- Video language resources about Adoration
- Quotes about Adoration
- Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1A1T1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adoration
What does adoration mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adorations
- a feeling of profound love and admiration
- the act of admiring strongly
- the worship given to God alone
Alternative definition of the noun adoration
- [countable] An act of religious worship.
- [uncountable] Admiration or esteem.
- [uncountable] The act of adoring; loving devotion or fascination.
- "Adoration" is a 2008 Canadian drama film directed by Atom Egoyan and starring Rachel Blanchard, Scott Speedman and Devon Bostick. It is Egoyan's first feature film since Where The Truth Lies.
- country: Canada
- languages: French, English Language, Hebrew Language
- producers: Jennifer Weiss, Simone Urdl, Atom Egoyan
- executive producers: Robert Lantos, Laurent Pétin, Michèle Pétin
- production design by Phillip Barker
- art direction by Barry Isenor
- written by Atom Egoyan
- Arsinée Khanjian as Sabine
- Rachel Blanchard as Rachel
- Scott Speedman as Tom
- Noam Jenkins as Sami
- Devon Bostick as Simon
- Kenneth Welsh as Morris
- Aaron Poole as Daniel
- Katie Boland as Hannah
- Duane Murray as Parking Security
- Louca Tassone as Simon
- Yuval Daniel as Security Agent
- Jeremy Wright as Delivery Guy
- Thomas Hauff as Nick
- Martin Roach as Car Owner
- Ieva Lucs as Berating Woman
- Hailee Sisera as Jennifer
- Lia Bellefontaine as Student On-Line #1
- Jermaine Crooks as Student On-Line #2
- Hannah Fogel as Student On-Line #3
- Celeste Howard as Student On-Line #4
- Jamie McMillan as Student On-Line #5
- Yunus Mohamed as Student On-Line #6
- Nariné Martiros-Gharakhanian as Student On-Line #7
- Victor Nhan as Student On-Line #8
- Tristan Parlette as Student On-Line #9
- Lucas Paulino as Student On-Line #10
- June Rogers as Student On-Line #11
- Kevin Tung as Student On-Line #12
- Jack Blum as Passenger & Professor On-Line #1
- Maury Chaykin as Passenger & Professor On-Line #2
- Sharon Corder as Passenger & Professor On-Line #3
- Vera Frenkel as Passenger & Professor On-Line #4
- Marc Glassman as Passenger & Professor On-Line #5
- Shel Goldstein as Passenger & Professor On-Line #6
- Paul Soles as Passenger & Professor On-Line #7
- Janice Stein as Passenger & Professor On-Line #8
- Geraldine O'Rawe as Carole
- Dominic Cuzzocrea as Taxi Driver
- Tony Nardi as School Principal
- Soo Garay as Granddaughter
- Bathsheba Garnett as Holocaust Survivor
- Michael Barry as Skinhead
- Ron Bell as Bus Driver
- music by Mychael Danna
- genre: Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (7 years ago)
- read more about Adoration (film)
- "Adoration" a.k.a. "Adore" is a 2013 Australian-French drama film directed by Anne Fontaine. The film is based on a novella by British writer Doris Lessing called The Grandmothers.
- read more about Adore
- "Adoration" is a 1987 short drama film written and directed by Olivier Smolders.
- "Adoration" is an Synchronized sound drama film with a Vitaphone musical score and sound effects. The film was released by First National Pictures, a subsidiary of Warner Bros., and directed by Frank Lloyd. It stars Billie Dove, Antonio Moreno, Emile Chautard and Lucy Doraine. The film was also issued in a shorter silent version for theatres that were not yet wired for sound.
- "Adoration" is a musical single of Cranes.
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Adoration" is a musical single of Mortal Love.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Adoration" is a musical album of Brenton Brown.
- "Adoration" is a musical EP of Heidi Klum's Bangs.
- "Adoration" is a musical album of Glory of This.
- "Adoration" is a composition.
Adoration Formed in 2003 initiated by John Stone and Stephen Carey.
- genre: Independent music
- album: "Sleepwalking"
- Adoration is respect, reverence, strong admiration or devotion in a certain person, place, or thing. The term comes from the Latin adōrātiō, meaning "to give homage or worship to someone or something".
- Adoration is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adoration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
How to Cultivate a Deeper Relationship with the Lord through Eucharistic Adoration by Fr. Florian Racine
Adoration is a duty of justice within the natural virtue of justice. We find it in the first gift of the Spirit, that of fear or...
Sheer Christianity (2004)
Conjectures on a Catechism by Sam Anthony Portaro
Adoration is a posture of openness to God that seeks only to enjoy God's presence. Easier said than done, this seemingly simple and somewhat passive form of prayer is the product oflong relationship and deep trust. What commonly passes ...
The Return of the Mother (2013)
by Andrew Harvey
Adoration is the oxygen of survival at every level—survival of the body, learning to attune itself to the great rhythms of nature; survival of the mind, learning to humble its dangerous vanity before the infinitely greater beauty and majesty of the ...
Two Sisters in the Spirit (1992)
Therese of Lisieux and Elizabeth of the Trinity by Hans Urs von Balthasar
Adoration is a love that is smothered and buried by the beauty, power and infinite grandeur of the Beloved. It falls into a kind of...
In Silence Beholding by Maggie Ross
Practical Adoration81 Practical adoration mayseem aself contradictory phrase: after all, adoration is the selfforgetful and entirely gratuitous worship of God— not for any attribute, reason, need, or desire, but an overflowing of love simply ...
by John Henry Blunt
Exactly defined, adoration is an act of reverence, interior or exterior, towards a person entitled to receive it. The Latin adorare is...
Relating in Psychotherapy (2013)
The Application of a New Theory by John Birtchnell
Adoration is a stage beyond admiration. It is accompanied by a powerful and positive...
The spiritual life (1834)
by Thomas Griffith
" Thus then, Adoration is the offspring of Contemplative Devotion. We glide along the ever deepening tide of thought 230 DEVOTIONAL MEDITATION.
A Scriptural, Historical, and Catechetical Study of Catholic Christianity by John J. Pasquini
Adoration is the realization that one has been saved by a Savior, by the King of kings. It is the recognition that ...
The Romans practised adoration at sacrifices, and other solemnities ; in passing by temples, altars, groves, &.c. at the sight of statues, images, or the like, whether of stone or wood, wherein any thing of divinity was supposed to reside. Usually ...
The popular encyclopedia; or, 'Conversations Lexicon': [ed. by A. Whitelaw from the Encyclopedia Americana]. (1874)
Adoration ; originally, the expression of the highest respect ...
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
ADORATION, n.s. [adoratio, Lat/) t. The external homage paid to the Divinity, distinct from mental reverence. — Solemn and serviceable worship we name, for distinction sake, whatsoever belongeth, to the church, or publick society, of pod, ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica0 (1875)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature. A - Ana. 1
ADORATION (from os, oris, the mouth, or from oro, to pray), an act of homage or worship which, among the IRomans, was ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1823)
Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature, Enlarged and Improved
Adoration to l'lc mouth ; Manum ad os admovere, q. d. " to kiss •— — v the hand ;" this being, in the eastern countries, one of the great marks of respect and submission. — The Romans practised adoration at sacrifices, and other solemnities ; in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adoration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adoration
Click on an item to view that photo:
Andy Sutton and adoring young fan. For some reason (maybe a female will explain why), Andy seemed to be surrounded by young girls more than any except maybe for DiPietro.
Photo credit: Bluesguy from NY
Atom Egoyan's version of multiple iChat video conversations.
Photo credit: Global X
man and dogs
Photo credit: rubyfenn
Photo credit: robynejay
Brittany has never seen anything this cool in her entire life.
Photo credit: Dave Hogg
Photo credit: tillwe
One morning at adoration at St Anthony's in Hamilton, NJ.
Photo credit: Ambrose Little
Photo credit: mikecogh
Photo credit: DrewbieDoo
Photo credit: sfllaw
Photo credit: RenaudPhoto
Photo credit: Life Lenses
Photo credit: Timothy Tolle
Photo credit: Waiting For The Word
Stained glass window detail, All Saints, Ripley
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
Photo credit: G0SUB
- St. Stephen's, Adoration Chapel
Photo credit: Our Lady of Peace Geneva
- Adoration B&W
Photo credit: morenoberti
- Baroque adoration
Photo credit: Joao Maximo
- Perpetual Adoration
Photo credit: pasa47
View more pictures about Adoration of the Magi.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adoration
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adoration Meaning
Video shows what adoration means. An act of religious worship.. Admiration or esteem.. The act of adoring; loving devotion or fascination.. adoration ...
- Adoration Explanation
- Explanation of Jesus Presence in Adoration
Talk given to teens about Eucharistic Adoration, emphasizing the Real Presence of Jesus in Eucharist.
- Adoration...the real meaning of Christmas
Imagine being a wise man the night He was born.....
- Love In Any Language song by Adoration
International Day 2015.
See also the pronunciation examples of Adoration!
Quotes about Adoration
Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adoration to see it in context!