Adore appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Pure he, sir, pure hero: dare her every added day, revere her, adore her… up; rise her up!
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb adore
What does adore mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: adored | adoring | adores
- love intensely
- examples: he just adored his wife | Sam cannot adore Sue | Sam and Sue adore the movie
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Experiencer - being] [Verb] [Predicate] in [Theme] I admired the honesty in him [Experiencer - being] [Verb] [Theme] for [Predicate] I admired him for his honesty [Experiencer - being] [Verb] [Theme] The tourists admired the paintings [Experiencer - being] [Verb] [Theme, subject control with -ing] I loved writing [Experiencer - being] [Verb] [Theme, possessive with -ing] I loved him writing novels [Experiencer - being] [Verb] [Theme, that-complement clause] The children liked that the clown had a red nose
Verbs of Psychological State (with the same syntax): abhor, admire, affirm, applaud, appreciate, bear, believe, bewail, cherish, deify, deplore, disbelieve, distrust, dread, envy, esteem, exalt, execrate, fancy, favor, grudge, idolize, lament, loathe, miss, mourn, pity, prefer, prize, reaffirm, relish, resent, respect, revere, rue, savor, stand, suffer, support, tolerate, treasure, trust, value, venerate, worship.
- lexical domain: Emotions - verbs of feeling
- more generic word: love = have a great affection or liking for
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the verb adore
- To worship.
- To love with one's entire heart and soul; regard with deep respect and affection.
- To be fond of.
- [obsolete] To adorn.
"Adore": Two Mothers is a 2013 drama written by Doris Lessing, Christopher Hampton and directed by Anne Fontaine.
- also known as Adoration; Tage am Strand; Perfect Mothers; Dos madres perfectas; Idiaiteres adynamies; Imahot mushlamot; Adore, la piel del deseo; Paixões Proibidas; Two Mothers
- countries: France, Australia, Germany
- language: English Language
- producers: Andrew Mason, Philippe Carcassonne, Michel Feller & Barbara Gibbs
- executive producers: Troy Lum, Sidonie Dumas, Naomi Watts
- production design by Annie Beauchamp & Steven Jones-Evans
- art direction by Sophie Nash
- written by Anne Fontaine
- based on "The Grandmothers: Four Short Novels" by Doris Lessing, Christopher Hampton, Anne Fontaine
- Naomi Watts as Lil
- Xavier Samuel as Ian
- Robin Wright as Roz
- James Frecheville as Tom
- Ben Mendelsohn as Harold
- Sophie Lowe as Hannah
- Gary Sweet as Saul
- Jessica Tovey as Mary
- Alyson Standen as Molly
- Charlee Thomas as Alice
- Dane Eade as Surfer lifeguard
- Scott Pirlo as Assistant
- Skye Sutherland as Roz
- Sarah Henderson as Lil
- Isaac Cocking as Tom
- Brody Mathers as Ian
- Alice Roberts as Roz's grand-daughter
- Drew Fairley as Theatre Director
- Rowan Witt as Oswald
- Sally Cahill as Mrs. Alving
- Richard Huggett as Punter
- Graham Jackson as Clergyman
- Katrina Norman
- Harley Ingleby
- Granger Larsen
- Nat Watts
- Solomon Lee
- Caleb Tancred
- Ethan Davis
- Petra Flower
- Karla Berg
- Genevieve Hegney as Workshop Performer #1
- Maya Stange as Workshop Performer #2
- James Maclurcan as Workshop Performer #3
- Matt Levett as Workshop Performer #4
- Bianca Bateman
- casting by Nikki Barrett & Antonia Dauphin
- cinematography by Christophe Beaucarne
- edited by Luc Barnier & Ceinwen Berry
- music by Christopher Gordon
- costume design by Joanna Park
- set decoration by Sara Mathers
- genre: Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on
- official website: adoremovie.com
- "Adore" is the fourth album by American alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins, released in June 1998 by Virgin Records. After the multi-platinum success of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and a subsequent yearlong world tour, follow-up Adore was considered "one of the most anticipated albums of 1998" by MTV. Recording the album proved to be a challenge as the band members struggled with lingering interpersonal problems and musical uncertainty in the wake of three increasingly successful rock albums and the departure of drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. Frontman Billy Corgan would later characterize Adore as "a band falling apart".
- "Adore" is a musical single of Miho Nakayama.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Adore" is a song by Prince. It is the last track on his 1987 double album Sign "O" the Times, following the live track "It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night". A long, ornate slow jam featuring Atlanta Bliss and Eric Leeds on horns, it was described by NME reviewer Paolo Hewitt as "a sugar ballad that harks back to the Stylistics but is indelibly Prince's, a lush yet remarkable piece of music, and a fitting climax". It received significant radio play despite never being released as a single, and became an occasional part of Prince's concert repertoire. A 4:39-long edit of the song appears on the 1993 compilation album The Hits/The B-Sides, and the Girl 6 soundtrack album contains the full-length version. Prince's 2002 box set One Nite Alone... Live! includes a solo performance of "Adore" with piano accompaniment.
- music and lyrics by Prince
- "Adore" is a musical album of Antony Partos & Christopher Gordon.
- released on
- "Adore" is a musical album of Airs.
- released on
- "Adore" is a composition by John Hermanson.
- "Adore" is a musical album of Falling You.
- released on
- official website: magnatune.com/artists/albums/fallingyou-adore
- "Adore" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Adore" is a musical album of I:Cube.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Adore" is a musical EP of Maus & Stolle.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Adore" a.k.a. "Adoré" is a musical single of Mau Mau.
- released in (21 years ago)
- "Adore" is a musical single of Cashmere Cat.
- released on
- "Adore" is a musical single of Forbidden Colours.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Adore" is a musical single of Yoav.
- "Adore" is a musical EP of A Chinese Restaurant.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Adore" is a musical EP of Yoav.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Adore" is a musical album of Parachute Band.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Adore" is a musical single of Lynch.
- released on (7 years ago)
ADORE is an Aviation waypoint.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adore
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Synonyms Discriminated (1908)
A Dictionary of Synonymous Words in the English Language, Illustrated with Quotations from Standard Writers by Charles John Smith
To adore is a mental or s iritual act; to wors_hi is partly m e up of ...
by William G. Storey
To adore also means to be devout, consecrated, serious, and zealous in regard to the Blessed Sacrament in both a very inner and practical way. It means to be as prepared as possible to acknowledge the divine and human Presence of our ...
Including All the Words and Phrases Generally Used in Medicine, with Their Proper Pronunciation and Definitions; Based on Recent Medical Literature by George Milbry Gould
[Adore, tooth]. A prefix signifying pertaining to a tooth. Odontoblast (o-don'-to-nlast) [Adore, tooth; fiAnaroc, germ]. One of the cells covering the dental papilla and forming the dentine. Odontogeny (o-dontof -en-e) [Adore, ...
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
To adore, even according to modern usage, often means no more than to express extreme affection or respect. To worship (in the translation of the Bible, published at Oxford) is therein used to signify inferior as well as supreme worship .
The Philosophical Dictionary for the Pocket. [By F. M. A. de Voltaire] ... Translated ... from the Last Geneva Edition ... with Notes, Containing a Refutation of Such Passages as are Any Way Exceptionable in Regard to Religion (1765)
D OL comes from the Greek eiffiag, a figure, ar-ss DOLOS, the representation of a figure, LATREUam, to serVe, to rever'e, to adorer The (word ' ' _ _ . adore ...
A dictionary of hymnology (1907)
setting forth the origin and history of Christian hymns of all ages and nations by John Julian
" Thee m adore, 0 hidden Saviour, Thee, Who In Thy Supper with us deign'st to be ; Both flesh and spirit in Thy presence fall, Yet here Thy presence wc devoutly hall." This we find altered in Hys. for Christian ...
Containing Words from the English Writers Previous to the Nineteenth Century which are No Longer in Use, Or are Not Used in the Same Sense and Words which are Now Used Only in the Provincial Dialects
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adore
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adore
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Troels Johannesen
Seen from Queen Street West, Toronto, Canada
Photo credit: mkfeeney
Photo credit: frakokot
Photo credit: haley gross
Photo credit: @markheybo
Photo credit: VBC17
Photo credit: kamshots
- Let's Adore
Photo credit: Mr Moss
View more pictures about Savoir Adore.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Adore
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adore Meaning
Video shows what adore means. To worship.. To love with one's entire heart and soul; regard with deep respect and affection.. To be very fond of.. adore ...
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Adore, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
Meaning of the Word, Easy Vocabulary, Daily Vocabulary, Words Power, Words Meaning.
- Meaning of Adore Living
- Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele: J'Adore - Language
On this episode of J'Adore, Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele, talks about the totally fabulous CCD language! Get a rare glimpse into one of the world's most preeminent ...
- Drama Signing Dictionary Adore
- Fragrance Review: J'adore By Christian Dior [J Adore Perfume Description]
Buy Discount Parfum Online! Tax Free!! - ENTER SITE...
See also the pronunciation examples of Adore!
O Come Let Us Adore Him - TCC sign language
Trinity Movers and Shakers - sign language.
Quotes about Adore
If I adore You out of fear of Hell, burn me in Hell!
If I adore you out of desire for Paradise,
Lock me out of Paradise.
But if I adore you for Yourself alone,
Do not deny to me Your eternal beauty. (Rabia al Basri)
more quotes about adore...
Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADORE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adore!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adore to see it in context!