Adorned appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- goldenrod-adorned log
- Nora, alert, saws goldenrod-adorned logs, wastrel Aaron!
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective adorned
- Definition of the verb adorned
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adorned
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adorned
- Photos about Adorned
- Video about Adorned
- Quotes about Adorned
- Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1N1E1D2
- Anagrams of ADORNED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective adorned
What does adorned mean as an attribute of a noun?
- provided with something intended to increase its beauty or distinction
- examples: She adorned her dress with flowers. | She adorned herself with jewels. | They adorned the room with flowers. | A slew of corporate logos adorned the entrance to the soccer match. | His manly figure was adorned and enriched by a beautiful pair of donkey's ears.
- synonym of adorned: decorated
- antonym of adorned: unadorned
- similar: beady / gemmed / jeweled / jewelled / sequined / spangled / spangly; bedaubed; bespectacled / monocled / spectacled; brocaded / embossed / raised; buttony; carbuncled; champleve / cloisonne; clinquant / tinseled / tinselly; crested / plumed; crested / topknotted / tufted; crested; crocketed; feathered / feathery / plumy; frilled / frilly / ruffled; fringed; gilt-edged; inflamed; inlaid; inwrought; tessellated; mounted; paneled / wainscoted; studded; tapestried; tasseled / tasselled; tricked-out; tufted
- see also: clad / clothed; fancy
Definition of the verb adorned
What does adorned mean as a doing word?
- past of adorn
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adorned
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Unabridged Reprint of the 1901-2 Edition by Russell Sturgis, Francis A. Davis
The Colnmna Rostrata or pillar adorned with the beaks of ships, which stood in the Roman Forum, having been origirfally erected in commemoration of the vicvertical pressure, it cannot be fractured transversely by any tendency to lateral ...
The popular encyclopedia; or, 'Conversations Lexicon': [ed. by A. Whitelaw from the Encyclopedia Americana]. (1846)
by Alexander Whitelaw
adorned with marble and precious stones; the chapel of Sforza, by Michael Angelo; and the sepulchres of Guglielmo della Porta and Algardi. In the squurc before the front is a Corinthian column, which ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
The stem was mire particularly adorned ith wings, (ltk'lds, &c. Sometimes a Hwle mast 'as erected Whereon to hang nbbinds of divers ojoars, which served instead of a slig to distin- uilh the ship; the weathercock, to signify thfe art from wnence ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
The stem was more particularly adorned ••ith wings, shields, &c. Sometimes a little mast vis erected whereon to hang ribbands of divers :olours, which served instead of a dig to distin- ;uiih the ship; the weathercock, to signify the lart from ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adorned
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adorned
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Nico Nelson
Photo credit: phunkstarr
Photo credit: Orin Zebest
Elizabeth's hair needed some embellishment.
Photo credit: Banjo Brown
Photo credit: bradhoc
Photo credit: Andreas Kollegger
Redwood trunk decorated with fallen Rhododendron flowers.
Photo credit: Akos Kokai
Photo credit: mikecogh
Photo credit: LadyDragonflyCC - >;<
Photo credit: jeffcovey
Photo credit: istolethetv
Hues in spades.
Photo credit: CarbonNYC [in SF!]
Photo credit: LadyDragonflyCC - >;<
- ...Nature Adorned By Snow...
Photo credit: Olin Gilbert
- Adorned With A Frame Of Green
All of these leaves will be different colors, soon. Looking forward to autumn setting in.
Photo credit: Ian Sane
- Adorned by immortal harmony
Photo credit: Nick Kenrick..
- Branches Adorned
Photo credit: CaptMikey9
- Brightly adorned
Photo credit: C. VanHook (vanhookc)
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Adorned
"Beauty Adorned" - Light Language Song from Lakshmi and Faeries
See also the pronunciation examples of Adorned!
Quotes about Adorned
Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1N1E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADORNED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adorned!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adorned to see it in context!