On this page:
- Definition of the noun adrenalin
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrenalin
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrenalin
- Photos about Adrenalin
- Video language resources about Adrenalin
- Quotes about Adrenalin
- Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1A1L1I1N1
- Anagrams of ADRENALIN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adrenalin
What does adrenalin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- adrenalin: adrenalins
- Adrenalin: Adrenalins
- a catecholamine secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress (trade name Adrenalin); stimulates autonomic nerve action
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- alternative spelling: adrenaline
- synonyms of Adrenalin: epinephrin / epinephrine
- more generic terms: pressor / vasoconstrictive / vasoconstrictor = any agent that causes a narrowing of an opening of a blood vessel: cold or stress or nicotine or epinephrine or norepinephrine or angiotensin or vasopressin or certain drugs; endocrine / hormone / internal secretion = the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect; neurotransmitter = a neurochemical that transmits nerve impulses across a synapse; catecholamine = any of a group of chemicals including epinephrine and norepinephrine that are produced in the medulla of the adrenal gland
- Adrenalin is an American rock band from East Detroit Michigan, that is perhaps best known for their song "Road of the Gypsy," featured in the 1986 film Iron Eagle.
- genre: Rock music
- album: "American Heart"
- Adrenalin was a pop music girl group formed by the Turkish models Doğa Bekleriz, Gizem Özdilli and Nigar Talibova in 2003.
- Adrenalin is a musical group.
- album: "Bootboys Bremen"
- "Adrenalin" is a musical album of Alex Parche Band & Alex Parche.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Adrenalin" is a 2010 musical album by Ivan Zak.
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Adrenalin" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Adrenalin" is a composition.
- "Adrenalin" is a musical EP of The Boo Radleys.
- released in (23 years ago)
- Adrenalin a.k.a. Epinephrine is a hormone and a neurotransmitter. Epinephrine and norepinephrine are two separate but related hormones secreted by the medulla of the adrenal glands. They are also produced at the ends of sympathetic nerve fibres, where they serve as chemical mediators for conveying the nerve impulses to effector organs. The investigation of the pharmacology of epinephrine made a major contribution to the understanding of the autonomic system and the function of the sympathetic system. Epinephrine remains a useful medicine for several emergency indications. This is despite its non-specific action on adrenoceptors and the subsequent development of multiple selective medicines that target subtypes of the adrenoceptors. The word adrenaline is used in common parlance to denote increased activation of the sympathetic system associated with the energy and excitement of the fight-or-flight response. The influence of adrenaline is mainly limited to a metabolic effect and bronchodilation effect on organs devoid of direct sympathetic innervation.
- read more about Epinephrine
- ADRenalin – the Young ADR is the youth wing of the Alternative Democratic Reform Party, a conservative political party in Luxembourg.
- official website: www.adrenalin.lu
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrenalin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Adrenalin! Adrenalin is a hormone (chemical); an ever ...
The Therapeutic Gazette (1910)
Adrenalin is a rational drug to employ. If its styptie property is applied to the ulcer it...
Railway Surgical Journal (1909)
Adrenalin is a white crystalline substance, derived from the suprarenal glands of beeves and sheep, and has now been before the profession about 8 years.
The Friend of Exceptional People by Geoff Thompson
Adrenalin is a little like fuel injection or turbodrive in a sports car and action is the metaphoric accelerator. By engaging the clutch in a car and pressing the accelerator you utilise the turbo and the car moves at a faster speed. However, if you sit ...
The Spiral Ladder (2013)
by Cheryl Ramcharan
The fight-or-flight adrenalin response overrides all else in the mind. It does so in order to give its whole focus to the body so that the animal might continue onward . Adrenalin is a fear response, which is a good thing physically so. It triggers us ...
An Owner's Manual For Men (2011)
What You Need To Know Before You Venture Out There by Joe Nickaloff
Adrenalin is a normal part ofyour system and is there to protect you when you are in harms way. It is the same thing that will make you jump out of the way of an oncoming car with seemingly superhuman speed or pull your hand away from ...
by Kevin Ahern
You should know adrenalin Is an aid to getting thin Putting phosphates onto enzymes trims your waist (trims your waist) If you're ...
NCLEX-RN Q and A (1999)
by Gayle Pearson
ELIMINATE Adrenalin is a sympathomimetic drug. 2. CORRECT Calcium gluconate is the antagonist of magnesium sulfate, and is used to treat magnesium toxicity. 3. ELIMINATE Narcan is an opioid antagonist. 4. ELIMINATE Pitocin is an ...
As stated above, adrenalin is the ideal drug for this purpose and, in addition to stopping the pain, it shortens the duration of the period. This treatment has not been used extensively in this country, but Klein (loc. cit.) cites many cases, in which ...
A Dictionary of Psychology (2015)
by Andrew M. Colman
Compare noradrenalin. [ From the Latin ad at + renes kidneys + -in(a) indicating an organic or chemical substance] adrenalin rush n. A sudden increase in competitive drive displayed by ...
Dictionary of Biology (2014)
by Bill Indge
Heart muscle has betaadrenergic receptors, which are the receptors into which adrenalin molecules fit. A beta-blocker has a similar molecular shape to that of adrenalin. It will also fit into the beta-adrenergic receptor. When it does so, it blocks ...
The Wellness Dictionary (2015)
by Patti Flora
ALLERGIES B, GRAINS: adrenalin (6x), white bryony (6x), club moss (6x), sodium chloride (6x), windflower (6x), histamine hydrochloride (12x) ALLERGIES B, HAYFEVER, POLLENS: adrenalin (6x), red onion (6x), eyebright (6x), club moss ...
Adrenaline; Epinephrine Adrenalin (adrenaline) is the 'fight or flight' hormone from the adrenal glands (see above). its chief action is that of raising the tone of all involuntary muscle fibres, stimulating the heart, constricting the walls of the ...
by Charlotte Buxton
adrenalin (or adrenaline) n. a hormone produced by the adreVnal glands in response to stress. adrift adj. & adv. 1 drifting. 2 no longer attached. adroit adj. clever or skilful. adsorb v.
Encyclopaedia medica (1902)
by Chalmers Watson
Of a number of substances claimed as the true active principle, the most efficacious are " epinephrin," isolated by Abel and Craw- lord, and " adrenalin," prepared by Takamine. Adrenalin is regarded by Abel as an impure modification of ...
A Dictionary of Zoology (2003)
by Michael Allaby
The medulla secretes *adrenalin and *noradrenalin, hormones needed when the animal is in an excited state and must engage in strenuous activity (e.g. fighting or fleeing). The cortex secretes sex hormones and other hormones concerned ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrenalin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adrenalin
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: LoopZilla
Photo credit: andypowe11
Photo by Diana
Photo credit: Tim Gage
- Adrenalin O.D.
Adrenalin O.D. with Ultraman and Mean Guys From Hell at The Warehouse on Park Ave. in St. Louis. Monday, August 10, 1987.
Photo credit: køpper
- Adrenalin, Hans
Photo credit: kozemchuk
- Ford Explorer SportTrac Adrenalin
Photo credit: MSVG
- Adrenalin job
Some people work in office whole day sitting and some are working in heights :)
Photo credit: 21limited
- MC ADRENALIN
Le Pneumatiq, Brno, Fleda, TransMusicales
Photo credit: peter es
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adrenalin
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Adrenalin!
Quotes about Adrenalin
Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1A1L1I1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADRENALIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adrenalin!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adrenalin to see it in context!