On this page:
- Definition of the noun adrenaline
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrenaline
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrenaline
- Photos about Adrenaline
- Video language resources about Adrenaline
- Quotes about Adrenaline
- Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1A1L1I1N1E1
- Anagrams of ADRENALINE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adrenaline
What does adrenaline mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adrenalines
- a catecholamine secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress (trade name Adrenalin); stimulates autonomic nerve action
- example: When he gets overtaken by another car, he gets a shot of adrenaline.
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- alternative spelling: Adrenalin
- synonyms of adrenaline: epinephrin / epinephrine
- more generic terms: pressor / vasoconstrictive / vasoconstrictor = any agent that causes a narrowing of an opening of a blood vessel: cold or stress or nicotine or epinephrine or norepinephrine or angiotensin or vasopressin or certain drugs; endocrine / hormone / internal secretion = the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect; neurotransmitter = a neurochemical that transmits nerve impulses across a synapse; catecholamine = any of a group of chemicals including epinephrine and norepinephrine that are produced in the medulla of the adrenal gland
Alternative definition of the noun adrenaline
- [hormone] An alternative name for epinephrine; the hormone and neurotransmitter.
- "Adrenaline": Add a strong musical beat to a smorgasbord of nine horny dudes, and then mix it up with their growing passion for unbridled man lust. You can feel your blood rate start to boil as it courses through your veins; you start to pant and your breathing quickens; then your muscles strain with exertion...
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Gay pornography
- released on (5 years ago)
- award: - Best Group Scene - GayVN (Mustang Studio) nomination for Dominic Pacifico, Spencer Reed, Alexsander Freitas
- "Adrenaline" is a 2007 action thriller film, written by Robert Archer Lynn, David Alford and directed by Robert Archer Lynn.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Drew Langer & Robert Archer Lynn
- executive producers: Curt Jones & Efraim Wyeth
- written by David Alford & Robert Archer Lynn
- cinematography by David Trenkle
- music by Paul Carrol Binkley
- genres: Thriller, Indie film, Action Film
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Adrenaline" is a film.
- country: Netherlands
- genre: Action Film
- "Adrenaline" is a film.
- also known as film
- genre: Suspense
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrenaline
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Charles S. Gibson
Although chemically little related to thyroxine, adrenaline is the active principle of other ductless, the suprarenal, glands. This compound is, at...
When pure, adrenaline is a colourless crystalline substance, m.p. 216°, readily soluble in water.
Pharmacology for Dentistry (2014)
by Tara Shanbhag, Smita Shenoy, Veena Nayak
Adrenaline is a direct acting nonselective adrenergic agonist. Pharmacological actions Adrenaline acts on D1-, D2-, E1-, E2- and E3-receptors. 1. Cardiovascular system a. Heart: Adrenaline is a powerful cardiac stimulant. It acts mainly by ...
Contrast Media (2014)
Safety Issues and ESUR Guidelines by Henrik Thomsen, Judith A. W. Webb
Adrenaline is an effective drug for treating certain serious contrast medium reactions. Although there are no randomized controlled trials, adrenaline is a logical treatment (Resuscitation Council (UK) 2008). There is consistent ...
by Robert McEntarffer, Allyson Weseley
Adrenaline is a hormone released by the adrenal glands in response to stressful situations. 7. (C) The hindbrain, midbrain, and forebrain are three of the traditional categories of brain structures. The new brain is synonymous with the cerebral ...
by I. Hart, R.W. Newton
Adrenaline is an x- and B-receptor agonist.
by Dr. Tara Shanbhag, Dr. Smita Shenoy
Adrenaline is a direct acting, nonselective adrenergic agonist. Pharmacological actions Adrenaline acts on α1-, α2-, β1-, β2- and β3-receptors. 1. Cardiovascular system (a) Heart: Adrenaline is a powerful cardiac stimulant. It acts mainly by ...
by Andy Adam, Adrian K. Dixon, Jonathan H Gillard, Cornelia Schaefer-Prokop, Ronald G. Grainger, David J. Allison
Adrenaline is an effective drug for treating certain serious contrast reactions. Although there are no randomised controlled trials, adrenaline is a logical treatment. There is consistent anecdotal evidence supporting its use to ease breathing ...
by Rakesh Tandon
Adrenaline is a bronchodilator and increases ventilation and pulmonary vascular resistance. It increases metabolism and blood glucose levels by increasing glycogenolysis. Lactate is increased. Adrenaline increases MAC and pain thresholds ...
Boom Harangue (2002)
by Richard Heyman
Adrenaline is an 67 Wouldn't That Be A Riot.
STOMATOLOGIE ANGLIÈTINA PRO ZUBNÍ PRAXI UÈEBNICE A CVIÈEBNICE by Irena Baumruková
no Adrenaline Adrenaline is a heart stimulant as well as a vasoconstrictor, and it ...
The Sword in the Rose (2013)
The Color of Passion by Roberto Mendoza
Adrenaline is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands; it is shown as the responsible for activating infatuation. In thousandths of a second it spreads through the blood feeding the heart and the brain. The heart muscle beats faster and ...
by Stefan Offermanns
that secretes adrenaline (epinephrine) and...
Adrenaline (epinephrine) is a catecholamine, which is released as a neurotransmitter from neurons in the central nervous system ...
by William A. Petit, William A. Jr Petit, Christine A. Adamec
adrenaline A hormone produced in the adrenal cortex of the adrenal gland. Adrenaline is also known as epinephrine. Adrenaline, which is also referred to as the fight-or-flight hormone, is very important. It enables individuals to become highly ...
by Randall Herbert Balmer
Audio Adrenaline School Presbyterians in 1837 in response to the excision of four New School synods by the Old School majority at the 1837 general assembly. The Old School charged the New School with heresy for compromising the ...
Mental Health and Mental Disorders: An Encyclopedia of Conditions, Treatments, and Well-Being [3 volumes] (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Conditions, Treatments, and Well-Being by Len Sperry
Adrenaline is a neurotransmitter involved in the fight-or-flight response that increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure. Some people can become addicted to the “adrenaline rush,” which happens in extreme sports or in gambling.
by Michael Kent
adrenaline rush adrenaline response. Adrenaline increases heart rate, depth and rate of breathing, metabolic rate, and the conversion of glycogen to glucose. It also improves the force of muscle actions and delays the onset of fatigue.
Full Explanations of More Than 600 Terms and Phrases Used by Deer Hunters Past and Present by Leonard Lee Rue
Adrenaline is a hormone, produced by the adrenal glands, that enters the bloodstream during times of stress. The hormone causes the deer to be more alert, increases its heartbeat, increases its oxygen intake, slows down digestion, and ...
A Dictionary of Biology (2015)
by Robert Hine
adrenaline (epinephrine) A hormone (see formula), produced by the medulla of the *adrenal glands, that increases heart rate and *blood pressure , improves the power and prolongs the action of muscles, and increases the rate ...
A Dictionary of Science (2010)
by Elizabeth A. Martin
The inner portion of the adrenals, the medulla, secretes the hormones * adrenaline and *noradrenaline; the outer cortex secretes small amounts of sex hormones (*androgens and *oestrogens) and various *corticosteroids, which have a wide ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrenaline
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adrenaline
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Adrenaline Rush.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adrenaline
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adrenaline Meaning
Video shows what adrenaline means. An alternative name for epinephrine; the hormone and neurotransmitter.. Adrenaline Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Speech of definition - Adrenaline
- UXB WOW Hall-(Teaching you the) Meaning of Fear + Polly (Wants Adrenaline)
- Adrenaline Lab - Language of Adrenaline | Behind the Scenes
View more videos about Adrenaline Rush.
See also the pronunciation examples of Adrenaline!
Quotes about Adrenaline
Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1A1L1I1N1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADRENALINE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adrenaline!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adrenaline to see it in context!