On this page:
- Definition of the noun adrenaline
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrenaline
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrenaline
- Photos about Adrenaline
- Video language resources about Adrenaline
- Quotes about Adrenaline
- Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1A1L1I1N1E1
- Anagrams of ADRENALINE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adrenaline
What does adrenaline mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adrenalines
- a catecholamine secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress (trade name Adrenalin); stimulates autonomic nerve action
- example: When he gets overtaken by another car, he gets a shot of adrenaline.
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- alternative spelling: Adrenalin
- synonyms of adrenaline: epinephrin / epinephrine
- more generic terms: pressor / vasoconstrictive / vasoconstrictor = any agent that causes a narrowing of an opening of a blood vessel: cold or stress or nicotine or epinephrine or norepinephrine or angiotensin or vasopressin or certain drugs; endocrine / hormone / internal secretion = the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect; neurotransmitter = a neurochemical that transmits nerve impulses across a synapse; catecholamine = any of a group of chemicals including epinephrine and norepinephrine that are produced in the medulla of the adrenal gland
Alternative definition of the noun adrenaline
- [hormone] An alternative name for epinephrine; the hormone and neurotransmitter.
- "Adrenaline": Add a strong musical beat to a smorgasbord of nine horny dudes, and then mix it up with their growing passion for unbridled man lust. You can feel your blood rate start to boil as it courses through your veins; you start to pant and your breathing quickens; then your muscles strain with exertion...
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Gay pornography
- released on (5 years ago)
- award: - Best Group Scene - GayVN (Mustang Studio) nomination for Dominic Pacifico, Spencer Reed, Alexsander Freitas
- "Adrenaline" is a 2007 action thriller film, written by Robert Archer Lynn, David Alford and directed by Robert Archer Lynn.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Drew Langer & Robert Archer Lynn
- executive producers: Curt Jones & Efraim Wyeth
- written by David Alford & Robert Archer Lynn
- cinematography by David Trenkle
- music by Paul Carrol Binkley
- genres: Thriller, Indie film, Action Film
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Adrenaline" is a film.
- country: Netherlands
- genre: Action Film
- "Adrenaline" is a film.
- also known as film
- genre: Suspense
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrenaline
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by I. Hart, R.W. Newton
Adrenaline is an x- and B-receptor agonist.
by Andy Adam, Adrian K. Dixon, Jonathan H Gillard, Cornelia Schaefer-Prokop, Ronald G. Grainger, David J. Allison
Adrenaline is an effective drug for treating certain serious contrast reactions. Although there are no randomised controlled trials, adrenaline is a logical treatment. There is consistent anecdotal evidence supporting its use to ease breathing ...
Contrast Media (2009)
Safety Issues and ESUR Guidelines by Henrik S. Thomsen, Judith A. W. Webb, Peter Aspelin
Adrenaline is an effective drug for treating certain serious contrast reactions. Although there are no randomised controlled trials, adrenaline is a logical treatment (Resucitation Council (UK) 2008). There is consistent ...
Krav Maga (2004)
An Essential Guide to the Renowned Method--for Fitness and Self-Defense by David Kahn
Adrenaline is a powerful energizer and allows the body to momentarily insulate itself against pain. The body's resilience works for both Twenty-four Vulnerable Targets -- In kraw maga you learn to avoid hard skeletal bones such as the crown ...
The Sword in the Rose (2013)
The Color of Passion by Roberto Mendoza
Adrenaline is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands; it is shown as the responsible for activating infatuation. In thousandths of a second it spreads through the blood feeding the heart and the brain. The heart muscle beats faster and ...
General Practice: The Integrative Approach Series by Kerryn Phelps, Craig Hassed
Adrenaline is the primary treatment for anaphylaxis or in cases of emergency. It constricts blood vessels, increases lowered blood pressure, increases the heart rate and relaxes smooth muscles in the airways. It often comes in prescribed kits ...
Revolutionary Powercycles (2014)
The Science of Sweat by Giacomo Fasano
Adrenaline is a huge factor in running, find it however way you can; it is essential to rising above your potential.
by Alan Glasper, Jane Coad, Jim Richardson
Adrenaline is an endogenous sympathomimetic amine with alpha and beta adrenergic activity. The adrenaline causes vasoconstriction, which causes an increase in cerebral and coronary perfusion pressure. It also increases myocardial ...
by Stefan Offermanns
that secretes adrenaline (epinephrine) and...
Adrenaline (epinephrine) is a catecholamine, which is released as a neurotransmitter from neurons in the central nervous system ...
by William A. Petit, William A. Jr Petit, Christine A. Adamec
adrenaline A hormone produced in the adrenal cortex of the adrenal gland. Adrenaline is also known as epinephrine. Adrenaline, which is also referred to as the fight-or-flight hormone, is very important. It enables individuals to become highly ...
by Randall Herbert Balmer
Audio Adrenaline second, to regroup. The 1838 General Assembly, however, refused to reverse the previous year's decision, and after a tumultuous session, both sides adjourned to different venues, and each side claimed the name ...
Black's Medical Dictionary (2005)
by Bloomsbury Publishing
Adrenaline pressure and blood volume. Others are concerned in carbohydrate metabolism, whilst others again are concerned with sex physiology. HYDROCORTISONE is the most important hormone of the adrenal cortex, controlling as it ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
Adrenaline may be injected ...
by Michel Millodot
adrenaline ( epinephrine) A hormone of the adrenal medulla which, instilled in the eye, causes a constriction of the conjunctival vessels, dilates the pupil and diminishes the intraocular ...
by Jeanne Mager Stellman
The best studied neurohormonal responses are those of the catecholamines ( adrenaline and noradrenaline) and Cortisol. Noradrenaline is the primary transmitter released by the nerves of the sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous ...
by Denise Tiran
Increased adrenaline secretion due to tumour (phaeochromocytoma) causes acute hypertension; can occur in pregnancy; diagnosis made by measuring excretory product of catecholamines, vanillylmandelic acid (vma) in 24-hour urine ...
by Dr Robert M. Youngson
Each adrenal has two distinct parts, the inner core, which produces ADRENALINE, and an outer layer (the cortex) which produces various steroid hormones. Formerly known as suprarenal glands, which, of course, means the same thing.
by Peter Brukner, Karim Khan, John Kron
Adrenaline A chemical compound that is a neurotransmitter and hormone. Sympathetic nervous ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrenaline
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adrenaline
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jonas Weckschmied
- Ghost Stories: Adrenaline
Photo credit: didbygraham
- Sugar for the Adrenaline day
The Coke of the Day. Hehe. You'll really need all the sugars you can to counter the nausea you get from those insane rides XD What a day =)
Photo credit: o b s k u r a
- Adrenaline Junkie
At the Golden Gate Park cement slides.
Photo credit: bryanrmason
- Railway to adrenaline
Photo credit: Élia Magyar
View more pictures about Adrenaline Rush.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adrenaline
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adrenaline Meaning
Video shows what adrenaline means. An alternative name for epinephrine; the hormone and neurotransmitter.. Adrenaline Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Speech of definition - Adrenaline
- UXB WOW Hall-(Teaching you the) Meaning of Fear + Polly (Wants Adrenaline)
- Adrenaline Lab - Language of Adrenaline | Behind the Scenes
View more videos about Adrenaline Rush.
See also the pronunciation examples of Adrenaline!
Quotes about Adrenaline
Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1A1L1I1N1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADRENALINE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adrenaline!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adrenaline to see it in context!