On this page:
- Adrian Fortescue: Adrian Henry Timothy Knottesford Fortescue was an English Roman Catholic priest who was an influential liturgist, artist, calligrapher, composer, polyglot, amateur photographer, Byzantine scholar, and adventurer.
- born on (141 years ago) in Hampstead
- profession: Writer
- died on (92 years ago) in Letchworth
- written works: "The Orthodox Eastern Church", "The Greek Fathers", "The reunion formula of Hormisdas", "The lesser eastern churches", "The uniate Eastern churches", "The Early Papacy to the Council of Chalcedon in 451", "The ceremonies of the Roman rite described", "The Mass: a study of the roman liturgy", "The vestments of the Roman rite"
- Adrian Fortescue: Sir Adrian Fortescue was a courtier at the court of King Henry VIII of England who was executed in 1539 and later beatified as a Roman Catholic martyr.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrian Fortescue
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Adrian Fortescue ; and ...
The Edinburgh Encyclopaedia (1832)
without any legal evidence or inquiry, but upon a mere suspicion of having aided the insurgents, the Marchioness of Exeter, the Countess of Salisbury, Sir Adrian Fortescue, and Sir Thomas Dingley, -the two last of whom were executed; and ...
Director-General ad Personam: Adrian Fortescue; tel (2) 295-57-27; fax ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrian Fortescue
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Adrian Fortescue for some fun with words!