Adrian Scott Stokes
is an acrostic for ass.
On this page:
Who is Adrian Scott Stokes?
Adrian Scott Stokes: Charles Adrian Scott Stokes RA was an English landscape painter. Born in Southport, Lancashire, he became a cotton broker in Liverpool, where his artistic talent was noticed by John Herbert RA, who advised him to submit his drawings to the Royal Academy. He entered the Royal Academy Schools in 1872 and exhibited at the Academy from 1876.
- also known as Charles Adrian Scott Stokes, Adrian Stokes
- born on (161 years ago) in Southport
- nationality: England
- education: Royal Academy of Arts
- with Marianne Stokes since
- died on (80 years ago) in London
- written works: "Practical landscape painting", "Painting and the Inner World", "The Invitation of Art", "Reflections on the Nude", "Three Essays on the Painting of our Time"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrian Scott Stokes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: