On this page:
- Adrian Scrope: Colonel Adrian Scrope was the twenty seventh of the fifty nine Commissioners who signed the Death Warrant of King Charles I. He was hanged, drawn and quartered at Charing Cross after the restoration of Charles II.
- born in (415 years ago)
- profession: Politician
- died on (355 years ago) of hanged, drawn and quartered
- Adrian Scrope: Sir Adrian Scrope or Scroope was an English politician who sat in the House of Commons from 1661 to 1666. He was a Royalist officer in the English Civil War.
- Adrian Scrope is a film producer.
- also known as A.Scrope
- profession: Film producer
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adrian Scrope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Berry
[Borne by Sir Adrian Scrope, Knight, ...
by Martyn Bennett
rebels from Surrey fled north and were caught at St Neots, Huntingdonshire, by forces led by Colonel Adrian Scrope. In the defeat the royalist leader, ...
Biographia Britannica: Or The Lives Of The Most Eminent Persons Who Have Flourished in Great Britain And Ireland, From the Earliest Ages, Down to the Present Times: Collected from the Best Authorities, Both Printed and Manuscript, And Digested in the Manner of Mr Bayle's Historical and Critical Dictionary (1747)
by Andrew Kippis
and afterwards at the Old • Baily, on the Regicides, where one of them, named • Adrian Scrope, did refle&t upon him, as it was by ' all there present supposed, and on others too, as “ having before been misled, as well as himself (6).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrian Scrope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Adrian Scrope for some fun with words!