On this page:
Who is Adrian Sherwood?
Adrian Sherwood: Adrian Maxwell Sherwood is an English record producer specializing in the genres of dub music and EDM. Sherwood has created a distinctive production style based around applying dub effects and dub mixing techniques to EDM tracks as well as mainstream songs. Sherwood has worked extensively with a variety of reggae artists as well as the musicians Keith LeBlanc, Doug Wimbish and Skip McDonald. Sherwood has remixed tracks by Coldcut, Depeche Mode, The Woodentops, Primal Scream, Pop Will Eat Itself, Sinéad O'Connor, and Skinny Puppy. Within his role as a record producer, he has worked with a variety of record labels, however his most well-known label is On-U Sound Records, which he founded in 1979. Sherwood has been a member of the band Tackhead.
- also known as Barmy Army; The Barmy Army; On-U Sound; Sherwood, Adrian
- born in (58 years ago) in London
- nationality: England
- profession: Record producer
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Dub, Reggae, Industrial music, Rhythm and blues
- albums: "The English Disease", "Never Trust a Hippy", "Becoming A Cliché", "Dubsetter", "Survival & Resistance", "The Big Man and the Scream Team Meet the Barmy Army Uptown", "Recovery Time", "On-U Sound Crash: Slash & Mix"
- official website: www.adriansherwood.com
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adrian Sherwood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Colin Larkin
Adrian Sherwood. Rono, meanwhile, has worked with Oakland rappers Mystic Journeymen. ALBUMS: Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury (4th & Broadway 1992), with William Burroughs Spare Ass Annie & Other Tales (4th & Broadway 1993).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrian Sherwood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Adrian Sherwood
Photo credit: Smoobs
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Adrian Sherwood for some fun with words!