Adrienne Barbeau (actress)
On this page:
Who is Adrienne Barbeau?
Adrienne Barbeau: Adrienne Jo Barbeau is an American actress and the author of three books. Barbeau came to prominence in the 1970s as Broadway's original Rizzo in the musical Grease, and as Carol Traynor, the divorced daughter of Maude Findlay in the sitcom Maude. In the early 1980s, Barbeau was a sex symbol, starring in several horror and science fiction films, including The Fog, Creepshow, Swamp Thing, and Escape from New York. During the 1990s, she became known for providing the voice of Catwoman on Batman: The Animated Series and subsequent Batman cartoon series. In the 2000s, she appeared in the HBO series Carnivàle as Ruthie the snake dancer.
- also known as Adrienne Jo Barbeau
- born on (69 years ago) in Sacramento, child of Joseph Barbeau and Armene Nalbandian
- ethnicity: Armenians, French people
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, voice actor, writer, author
- parent of
- album: "Adrienne Barbeau"
- written work: "There Are Worse Things I Could Do"
- played Judy Wyche in "Red Alert"
- played Veronica Daniels in "Crash"
- played Sophie in "Someone's Watching Me!"
- played Stevie Wayne in "John Carpenter's The Fog"
- played Maggie in "Escape from New York"
- played Marcie Thatcher in "The Cannonball Run"
- played Alice Cable in "Swamp Thing"
- played Computer (Voice, Uncredited) in "The Thing"
- played Wilma Northrup ((segment "The Crate")) in "Creepshow"
- played Andrea in "The Time Traveller"
- played Barbara Orloff in "Seduced"
- played Lynn Chandler in "Bridge Across Time"
- played Vanessa in "Back to School"
- played Lisa Grant in "Open House"
- played Dr. Kurtz in "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death"
- played Jessica Valdemar (Segment "The Facts in the Case of Mr. Valdemar") in "Two Evil Eyes"
- played Georgina in "Blood River"
- played Debbie Seal in "Doublecrossed"
- played Silvia Hartnell in "The Burden of Proof"
- played Celeste in "Father Hood"
- played Main Frame Computer (Voice, Uncredited) in "Demolition Man"
- played Violet in "Silk Degrees"
- played The Queen in "Burial of the Rats"
- played Central (Voice, Uncredited) in "Judge Dredd"
- played Nancy Muldenhower in "A Champion's Fight"
- played Simone (Voice) in "Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island"
- played Aunt Lidia in "A Wake in Providence"
- played Christine (Adult Christine) in "The Convent"
- played Mrs. Randall in "Across the Line"
- played Judge Stern in "Spring Break Lawyer"
- played Evie in "No Place Like Home"
- played Alex in "Ring of Darkness"
- played Mattie Baker in "Ghost Rock"
- played Kathleen Darrow in "Deceit"
- played Trudi in "Christmas Do-Over"
- played Martha in "Unholy"
- played Scooter's Mom (Voice) in "Fly Me to the Moon"
- played Valerie in "Reach for Me"
- played Gail Cash in "War Wolves"
- played Alice Jacobs in "Alice Jacobs is Dead"
- played Cat Lady in "The Dog Who Saved Christmas"
- played Judy in "Complacent"
- played Mildred in "The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation"
- played Nancy Maddox in "Manson Rising"
- played Nina (Serksi the Gallactic Witch) in "Argo"
- played Daisy White in "The Great Houdini"
- "The Santa Trap"
- TV series:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical - "Grease"
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television - "Maude"
- nominated to Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress - Drama Series - "Carnivàle"
- official website: www.abarbeau.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrienne Barbeau (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Adrienne Barbeau for some fun with words!