Adrienne Shelly (actress)
On this page:
Who is Adrienne Shelly?
Adrienne Shelly: Adrienne Levine, better known by the stage name Adrienne Shelly, was an American actress, director and screenwriter. Making her name in independent films such as 1989's The Unbelievable Truth and 1990's Trust, Shelly later took up writing and directing and wrote, co-starred and directed the 2007 film Waitress, which won five awards and numerous film festival accolades.
- also known as Adrienne Levine, Adrienne Shelley
- born on (48 years ago) in Queens, child of Elaine Langbaum and Sheldon M. Levine
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Boston University
- profession: Actor, film director, screenwriter, songwriter
- Marriage with Andy Ostroy until
- parent of Sophie Ostroy
- died on (8 years ago) in Manhattan of murder
- played Audry Hugo in "The Unbelievable Truth"
- played Pamela in "Sleep with Me"
- played Jerry in "Factotum"
- played Maria Coughlin in "Trust"
- played Dawn in "Waitress"
- played Gloria O'Connor in "Hexed"
- "Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even"
- "Revolution #9"
- played Jenny in "Sleeping with Strangers"
- "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me"
- "Dead Dog"
- "Possible Films: Short Works by Hal Hartley 1994-2004"
- played Mary in "Wrestling with Alligators"
- played Lucy in "I'll Take You There"
- played Samantha in "The Atlantis Conspiracy"
- played Donna in "Sudden Manhattan"
- played Fairy #2 in "Opera No. 1"
- "Searching for Debra Winger"
- films written:
- films directed:
- nomination: - nominated to Independent Spirit Award for Best Screenplay - "Waitress"
- official website: www.adrienneshellyfoundation.org
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adrienne Shelly (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adrienne Shelly to see it in context!