On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adult education
What does adult education mean as a name of something?
- a course (via lectures or correspondence) for adults who are not otherwise engaged in formal study
"Adult Education" a.k.a. "Hiding Out" is a 1987 movie starring Jon Cryer as a Wall Street broker "hiding out" as a high-school student as the mob tries to kill him.
- read more about Hiding Out
- "Adult education" is a book by Reiko T. Sakata.
- also known as "Adult education: theory and practice"
- "Adult education" is a book by Homer Kempfer.
- "Adult education" is a book by Charles A. Prosser.
- also known as "Adult education: the evening industrial school"
- "Adult education" is a book by John Walker Powell.
- also known as "Adult education: issues in dispute"
- "Adult education" is a book by William Edwin Mitchell.
There are many other writings with this title.
- "Adult Education" is a top-ten single from the American musicians Hall & Oates and was released in 1984. The track is featured on the duo's second compilation album, Rock 'n Soul Part 1. It was one of two new tracks that were recorded specifically for the compilation release and hit number eight on the Billboard Hot 100. This song was featured in 2013 video game, Grand Theft Auto V.
- "Adult Education" is a 1984 single by Hall & Oates.
- artist: Hall & Oates
- released on (30 years ago)
- Adult education is a practice in which adults engage in systematic and sustained learning activities in order to gain new forms of knowledge, skills, attitudes, or values. It can mean any form of learning adults engage in beyond traditional schooling, encompassing basic literacy to personal fulfillment as a lifelong learner. In particular, adult education reflects a specific philosophy about learning and teaching based on the assumption that adults can and want to learn, that they are able and willing to take responsibility for that learning, and that the learning itself should respond to their needs. Driven by what one needs or wants to learn, the available opportunities, and the manner in which one learns, adult learning is affected by demographics, globalization and technology. The learning happens in many ways and in many contexts just as all adults’ lives differ. Adult learning can be in any of the three contexts i.e.
- also known as Volwassenenonderwijs
- Adult Education is an educational institution, school.
- Adult Education is a school, educational institution.
- Adult Education is a film genre.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adult education
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Wang, Victor C. X.
Historically, adult education was rooted in a variety of social movements. In the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the adult education movements responded to social and economic needs— Mechanics Institutes in Australia, ...
Encyclopedia of Evaluation (2005)
by Sandra Mathison
Adult Education, University of Toronto; B.A. Psychology, University of Western Ontario. Jackson is Chair of the Centre for the Study of Training, Investment and Economic Restructuring and Associate ...
by Howard, Caroline
BACKGROUND Adult Second Language Learners There is a vast literature on adult education. Recurring themes in this literature are that adult learners are often more motivated than younger learners and come to a specific educational ...
Volume 17: Education by Clarence L. Mohr
For example, South Carolina during 2002–3 had 80,000 adult learners in its Adult Education and Literacy program. The state realizes that the economy depends upon an adequate pool of educated, well-trained workers. ABBOTT L. FERRISS ...
Family, Body, Sexuality And Health by Suad Joseph, Afsāna Naǧmābādī
Women's Federation provides adult education and information on hygiene. The Syrian Family Planning Association is involved with the increase in women's rights in general. In Tunisia, the Union nationale de la femme tunisienne, the Club ...
Research Methods in Language and Education by Nancy Hornberger, P. Corson
study of behavior, activities, interaction, and discourse in formal and semi- formal educational settings such as school classrooms, adult education programs , and day-care centers. In contrast to quantitative approaches to classroom research, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adult education
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adult education
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Adult Education Night
Photo credit: donhall16
- Adult Education Center
The facade of the "Adult Education Center" in Wolverhampton, right next to Saisbury's
Photo credit: Tom (hmm a rosa tint)
- Adult Education Classes
Works Projects Administration
Photo credit: The New Ruffian
- Solihull Adult Education Centre - Solihull
Returning from Solihull Town Centre to Solihull Station.
Solihull Adult Education Centre / Solihull College Learning & Community Centre, on the corner of Streetsbrook Road and Blossomfield Road in Solihull.
It is a former chapel / church hall, that used to belong to Solihull Methodist Church.
Solihull Methodist Church - history
The building was opened in 1905 as a Methodist Chapel. It was called The Old School Chapel.
It became a church hall in the 1950s.
The last service here was in 1960 (before they moved to the new building in 1961).
Photo credit: ell brown
- Adult Education Open Evening... nearly over
Photo credit: catherinecronin
- Merton Adult Education Centre
Photo credit: satguru
- Harbone Adult Education Building
Photo credit: srboisvert
- Adult Education Centre, Belvoir Street, Leicester
Built 1845 as a Baptist Chapel, and used as such until 1939. Since then it has been used for education purposes. Grade II listed.
Photo credit: Fiery Fred
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adult education
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adult Education Program A Definition Of Insanity And Psychosis
- Adult Education Program - A Definition Of Auset & The Ausar Glyph.
- Adult Education Program - A Definition Of Aunghk.
- Adult Education Program - A Definition of Capital Theory.
- Adult Education Program - A Definition Of Hell.
- Adult Education Program - A Definition Of The Lotus.
- Adult Education Program - A Definition Of The Ba.
- South San Francisco Adult Education ESL Class - Smartboard
Beginning Low ESL Class using the Smartboard.
- Adult Education Providers: Effective Practice: ESL Student Interpreters
Jorge Gamboa, ESL Program Manager for The School of Continuing Education at the North Orange County Community College District, speaks about the ESL ...
- Adult Education Providers: Effective Practice: ESL to ABE Transition Class
Kay Hartley, Principal at Fairfield-Suisun Adult School, speaks about their ESL to ABE Transition Class.
- College of DuPage's Adult Education/ESL Offerings
The Adult Basic Education (ABE)/English as a Second Language (ESL) office helps adults develop or improve literacy, reading, writing, math, decision-making ...
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program - Arkansas Adult Education
- Darlington County Adult Education ESL Ceremony 2015
- Adult Education Providers: Effective Practice: ESL/CASAS Teacher Academy
Laura Chardiet, WIA Specialist from LAUSD, gives an update on their effective practice the "ESL/CASAS Academy".
- Vance ESL Course Graves County Adult Education
Video for Level 1 ESL Week 5.
- Napa Valley Adult Education ESL Orientation
- Adult Education GED (R) ESL
- Register for Adult Education Classes GED and ESL classes
See also the pronunciation examples of Adult education!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adult education to see it in context!